Monday, November 17, 2014

How is it already mid-November?

Josh, Caleb, Jen and I had fun going to the Beaver game last night! Josh's office had 50 free tickets, so we happily accepted. It was freezing cold (27 degrees by the end of the game) but it was dry and there was almost no wind, so that was nice. We brought along lots of hand and foot warmer packets to keep us warm, which were a life saver. It was an exciting game and we were so proud of the Beavers for beating ASU!
I shot my last wedding of the season last weekend. Oh boy, I have a gazillion family sessions and weddings from this year I have never blogged over on my photo blog... I need to get my fanny in gear. Life's just so much busier these days that I have trouble getting around to it when there are other more urgent things that need to get done. But this was a great wedding to end the season on! 
I'm so thankful for Jamie who occasionally second shoots with me! We make an awesome team and have so much fun together!
This is how we do light tests... ;)
Our sweet neighbors loaned us their cider press and we had a great time pressing apples with the kids. We're excited for next year to do it earlier on in the season since we really only caught the tail end of the apples. Our friends Jessica and Matt came down a few weekend ago with their cute kids and we all pressed cider together then too. I was lame and forgot to snap my own pics of that! :(
Because it gets dark so much earlier now, Josh is sometimes itching to get outside before sundown. So occasionally we'll make tea and head outside for a walk before his work day is over. I love having him working here at home.
I loved how all of the leaves covering the ground looked. This wood post here above in this pic is an old original hitching post. The metal ring is still on the post. I love history and things that make me feel more connected to the farm's history.

Nora is sooooo loved by her cousins. :) We love when she, Matt and Gina come by for visits.
Benjamin drew our family for me the other day. I love that Selah and I have eyelashes and he has his forehead curl. :)
Jude has to have some dental surgery due to an extra half developed tooth that he has up in his gums that could damage the roots of a permanent tooth, poor guy, :( so he's been having to have some extra appts. lately. (He's such a rock star.) So Selah, Ben and I had a special date day, with tea and cookies while Josh and Jude were gone for appts.
I love these little stories that Selah writes. They almost always have to do with her beloved pets. I love that she cares so much for her sweet animals. She has a tender heart.
Lunch at school with some friends... thankful for each of these families in our community.

No comments: