And now for a bunch of low resolution cell phone pics. ;)
My sister-in-law, Jen, did a great job of coordinating a pumpkin patch day for us all! She and my mom and Wayne all even coordinated food and cider for us! You guys are the best!
(Caleb, you look good with a baby in your arms... ;)
On the hay ride.
Love my sisters and mama!
Selah loved this slide. This was our first time to this patch. It was fun being out there because my brother and I grew up going to school with (and playing as kids with) the owner and his cousins, and it had been a long time since I'd been out there around those properties!
This guy working the big bikes and helping Jude was my neighbor growing up and I babysat him when he was a baby! :) I love that I grew up in this sweet town and it's so fun running into so many familiar faces from years ago.
Josh and I had a date day with Jude in Portland for one of his specialist appointments. I'm so thankful for the doctor we see. She's really helpful.
We ate dinner at the food carts downtown and Jude in true form ordered plain broccoli. Love this kid!
Our kids love everything Legos around here! I think the majority of the boys' Christmas lists are legos this year. I just love how often this boy brings me things like this. :)
One of Jude's greatest struggles he's had with school is his lack of fine motor skills and the anxiety it causes him. Art is so anxiety producing that it's in a category all of it's own, because there's too much choice involved. It's not clear cut and linear like math (which he LOVES). But even writing his name could at times result in some sort of melt down. This is absolutely no exaggeration, but as of about a month ago it took Jude several HOURS to be able to just write 4 sentences. He'd get out of his chair about 20 times and he'd erase any letter that wasn't PERFECT and start it over. The patience and endurance to get to where we are today has been lengthy. But you know what? It's like something clicked in the last month, because he's getting faster. Not fast. Just faster. And I'm so happy! :) It seems that I can ask him to write something and even though it's still very slow, it's like he's just a little more comfortable with it, and it just feels so good to finally see some progress here. He even drew and owl last week at school, because his teacher put the ipad right next to him and in each box it showed him what to draw. If you know Jude, then you know what a huge accomplishment that was for him!! So proud! :)
Jude giving his weekly presentation at school...
Selah giving hers... (I just adore their teacher!)
Ben and I hang out in the hallway each week with a couple other moms, who I just love and adore and am so thankful to have as friends.
Ben wanted to draw an owl picture just like the big kids did, so he used Selah's as an example and drew his own while they were in class. :)
Beauty outside. I love fall.
Even pretty on the rainy, drizzly days.
I saw this shirt recently and sent a photo of it to Josh. We had a good laugh. :) Any time I ever get grumpy ("hangry") he either asks when I last ate, or he just puts food in front of me. Love that guy!
Josh's favorite salad bar is back in the fridge. He loves having quick salads available, and I'm so thankful he did this because I've recently been on a bad eating cycle. I think I'm addicted to my morning chai lattes with a cookie and that doesn't always set me up for the best choices each morning.
My Grandma Joyce recently celebrated a birthday and we all dropped in one evening to say hi and shower her with love!
She owns a costume shop (and has since before I was born) and she pretty much just runs it for October. I use to love visiting it growing up because it always smelled like apple cider and it was always fun to walk around and look at everything. I specifically remember being a little afraid of the Darth Vader costumes as a kid. :)
My brother Caleb, 100 years from now...
Benjamin is going to dress up as a tiger this year and is wearing the exact same costume that my brother Caleb wore for Halloween when he was 4. How cute is that??!! Grandma still had it in her shop, and he picked it out.
The kids have a special event they go to each week that they love, and it gives Josh and I a date night. We often spend it playing spades with our friends, which we love. But sadly they were sick this week, so Josh and I managed to find something to do. ;)
I think this cancels out all of that "healthy eating" stuff. ;)
Selah is totally my little crafting buddy. I love it. I've been saving seeds from all of our largest garden items this year to be able to plant next year (hopefully they'll work fine like some did this year.) So tonight before bed we printed off these little seed envelopes and constructed them and put all of our seeds that we've saved so far into them. It was such a fun thing to do together and she made her own special seed packet of marigold seeds that she saved from some dried garden flowers.
Tonight before bed we also watched the Charlie Brown great pumpkin movie. We made whirley pop popcorn and it was just one of those sweet moments, where the house was clean (ugh, yesterday it was a disaster!!) and everyone was so excited for the movie and the upcoming holidays, and my heart was just full.
This handsome guy kept falling asleep. I sure love you Joshy! xoxo








































No comments:
Post a Comment