We got to enjoy the big fish fry when we first arrived and it was really yummy! We packed easy finger food meals that required no cooking (for my sanity's sake) ;), we went on bike rides, and went for a beautiful hike just 10 minutes from the lake... it was a nice little weekend adventure for us all. :) Plus Grandma Chris, Uncle Caleb, Aunt Chloe, and cousin Orion were there too, which the kids loved as much as we did.
An early morning stare off. I think Josh won this round. ;)
Josh thought it was a good time to teach Jude how to start a fire... he did great!
What do you think of that fire, Ben?
I love this guy more every day!! xoxo
The last time Josh and I remember going to Salt Creek Falls, I was pregnant with Selah and Jude was 1 1/2. Oh man, that day feels like yesterday, so vivid in my mind, and what a sweet time of life that was. Our Jude bug has grown up so quickly. Josh and I were just talking on this trip about how much less we see Buddy Bear these days. Oh Jude, we love you to pieces!!

I'm so thankful for our little family!! Thank you God for each one of these treasures! <3
This view was just amazing. We stood staring out here for a while.
Ben fell asleep and Josh was an all-star and carried him for the whole hike down and back up. Ben woke up very near the top and was really excited to see the waterfall!
We walked up above the waterfall and I told each of the kids to throw something over into the rapids and this is the "one thing" Jude grabbed. ;)
Josh drove his dad home that night and we followed. We were pretty worried about how sick he felt. The sunset was amazing and it was a lovely way to finish out our time away.







































2 comments:
Wow, just seeing this post for the 1st time and love the way you capture your lives in photos & written words. Bethany, has anyone ever told you how talented you are? ;-) Love you, chrismom
Looks amazing!
Post a Comment