Friday, March 7, 2014

Almost Spring!

Granddad Kevin & Grandma Janet came over today. The kids had a great time planting seeds with Grandma, riding on the tractor with Granddad, and riding bikes. It was definitely a rain boots kind of day! 

The scene around here sure has changed in just the last couple of weeks, from 18 inches of snow (from that storm) to happy daffodils and snow drop flowers popping up everywhere and bordering flower beds! I love, love it! 
I loved seeing the boys walking together, Jude's arm around Ben. <3 It was a brief moment and I'm glad I caught it. 
Ben asked Grandma if she would look for bugs with him. :) They found many! I walked around with them, taking photos of all of the flowers in bloom. I'm so excited about the fact that we'll be gaining an hour of daylight next week! Yay! 
Grandma Janet is so sweet. She brought everything here for the kids to be able to plant seeds/starts for the garden. We had a great time working in the boiler room on the lowered bench. I loved Ben's helpful attitude and enthusiasm. Selah & Jude did a great job too! We're going to try the Back to Eden style of gardening this year. 
This is about 1/4th of the starts we planted today!
And I have to end on this amazing moment. As we were all playing in the backyard, looking at bugs, photographing flowers, Selah said in her cute excited voice, "A rainbow!!" It was breathtakingly beautiful and only stayed for about 5 minutes. It put a big smile on my face and reminded me of God's promises and faithfulness in our lives! <3

1 comment:

Chelsi Ritter said...

wow you guys are so blessed to have spring already! these photos are so beautiful; i love all the pretty blooms and flowers. a little jealous..... :)