Sunday, March 23, 2014

Beach Day

We woke up today and spontaneously decided to go to the beach because we had a rare empty Saturday! Yay! :) I LOVE, love family days! And I'm so glad we decided to go because it was a beautiful day on the coast! The drive over was even bliss with our sunroof open, music turned up and sunshine pouring in. <3 Ah...  :)

A kind stranger offered to snap a pic of us all together when she saw me taking one of just Josh and the kids! She made my day.
We wanted to get taffy, but it turned out to be dusted with wheat flour, so sad. Insert sad noises here.
(Some taffy is dusted with corn starch and is safe, just fyi for any other g-free families out there.) ;)
Jude still greatly dislikes sand, poor guy. It's one of his sensory issues. He sat with me on a blanket while Selah & Ben played, but even then the sand was causing anxiety for him. :( We were sympathetic and didn't stay long on the sand. (In fact that castle above was already made and abandoned when we arrived so we just added onto it.) ;) Last summer we stayed at the beach and Jude dug in the sand and even laid down in it and made a "sand angel"!! So I figured he would be fine today and was over his aversion, but not quite yet and that's ok. I was proud of him for walking around on it. He felt more comfortable holding his pants up to make sure they didn't touch. We love you Jude!! xoxo
I wish I would've asked Josh to take a pic of Jude and me sitting together, but he did take this one of Jude cracking us up. :)
We wrapped up our time at the beach with warm drinks and headed home. <3

3 comments:

Amber said...

SO cute! SO fun! :D

eric said...

Looks like a beautiful day at the beach! What fun memories, and what a beautiful family :)

eric said...

woops this is chels!