Jude said it was the best fishing day ever.
I love Jude's reaction to the floppy fish in this shot... :) Too cute!
Selah & Ben were excited for a date day. I asked them what they wanted to do and of course they said go out for frozen yogurt. ;)
We also went to the library to pick up more early reader books and I picked up The Spark, a book I've been wanting to read! We went to the park next and Selah & Ben played while I read. I instantly loved the book and didn't want to put it down! But of course I put it down long enough to push these two cuties on the tire swing and spot them on the fireman pole! ;)
Being silly (bottom right).
After the park, Selah, Ben & I grabbed dinner and then came home and watched Mary Poppins. Selah had heard some of the songs from the Disney Pandora Station and had asked about Mary Poppins a few weeks ago, so it was fun to sit and watch it with her and Ben cuddled under each of my arms. :) Bliss. I loved and enjoyed every bit of my day with them.
I ended up staying up late and then finishing The Spark the next day. I cried and laughed and cried as I read it. I couldn't remember the last time I read a book that I loved that much. I don't have a genius child, but I do have 3 precious kids who have interests, and I was so inspired by how Kristine Barnett is gifted at figuring out a child's interest, what sparks them, and the way she draws them out! She focuses on what children CAN do and love to do, not what they CAN'T do. And her son Jake will just blow you away!! I think they need to make a movie about him because his mind is so incredibly fascinating and all he has overcome is amazing too. I highly recommend this book, especially if you have a child that might be a little different <3. There is so much that is relatable in it! I loved it.
(Kristine and her husband run a rec center for children with autism.)







No comments:
Post a Comment