Friday, January 31, 2014

iphone download :)

Sadly, my iphone is the easy camera on hand these days, so here's my little download of the last two weeks. Not amazing photos, but life documented for our family, and that's what I love. :)

Tonight was another lovely evening. We've sure had a beautiful January! As we walked the garbage cans down to the road we couldn't help but notice the beautiful sky that looked like cotton candy. I don't have a pic of the sky, but I do have a photo of these two cuties!! :)
The skyline over the back field has often looked like this in the evening this month:
Last night was an exciting evening. The house's plumbing issues got fixed and we got to use the upstairs tub for the first time! The kids loved using it.
We got to celebrate our good buddy Isaac's 6th birthday on Martin Luther King day, pirate style! The kids had a great time!! 
My friend Jamie and I attended a lighting workshop back in November and it's taken me until now to even look at the photos we took of each other. It's way harder to be in front of the camera than behind it, and I can't seem to ever remain serious when Jamie takes a picture of me.
School has been going really well. This week a lot of kids were gone, so Jude and Selah had a very small class. Ben got to participate as they learned about Isaac Newton and inertia, and he got to ride on the underside of this cart. He loved it! And loved getting to be in the big kid class. :)  (Mrs. Poole is so amazing with the kids! We love you Grace!)
He also got to paint with his buddy Henry, while the older kids did an art project. He was super happy about that!
Jude giving his weekly presentation and Selah ready to give hers next. Some weeks she is super confident and goes right up, and some weeks she gets really nervous and shy. I'm proud of the kids for giving presentations each week. It's a great skill to learn, and fear to overcome from a young age.
Our school-at-home days have been in the sunroom this winter. There's much more sunlight, which is a sanity saver for me. :) I'm thankful for that.
Ok, don't judge me for these next few pics, because we may look like dorks ;) but I have to document these things for our books, and I think this season is really sweet.
The kids have been loving math lately. Jude definitely has a passion for it, and it's something he likes to do just for fun. 
After doing this math problem (addition) he asked if he could please have a harder one. :)
Selah can keep up with the best of them. ;)
And Ben begs to be like the big kids too, so he learned how to write his numbers this week...
...and we gave him some math problems, that the big kids gave him the answers to. :)
I love that the kids enjoy learning so much.
This is what recess has been looking like lately:
While the plumbing issues here at the house were being fixed this week, we stayed a night/day with Granddad Kevin & Grandma Janet.
Selah REALLY wanted to find a salamander. We went looking down by the river and didn't find one.
We looked around the yard, greenhouse, and all over, but didn't find one.  :(
But just as we were leaving to head home Janet saw one at my feet on the walkway! Selah was so happy.
Recent art: (apple trees, and Lucy the cat.)
A family trip to the library, and Grandma Chris came with us to the park!
I can't believe February is already tomorrow! I hope you all had a wonderful January!

1 comment:

TRiv said...

wow busy family!! :-) they always look so happy, love it!!