Well, it feels good to be back to the world of blogging after weeks of sickness came and went in our house! My energy level has been SO low that everything has looked overwhelming, even the little things. But I'm so happy to feel like myself again! I still need to blog Christmas, and hopefully I'll get that done before February! :)
Even though we always have our mini-immediate family birthday party on the day of the kids' birthdays, this was Benjamin's first official birthday party beyond just our immediate family! He was super excited! Since we originally got postponed due to snow, we celebrated the first weekend of January with a super hero party!
Uncle Caleb & (soon-to-be) Aunt Jen wore their super hero shirts too! Love it! (Their wedding is only 6 months away!)
I used a bunch of pinterest ideas for decorating... :)
Talking to Great Grandma ("Granny") and looking over his presents...
Love these two! ... they look just a little alike, huh? ;) Josh has actually lost 10 lbs. just since taking this photo! He's been doing "whole 30" and loves it, but the day after this party many of us came down with a nasty virus, and Josh (who we thought had avoided it) eventually got it too, and that sped up the weight loss process for him. ;( Ugh, so glad we can all finally be done being sick now!
My brother Matt took photos of the gift opening so that I could assist Ben and enjoy being in the moment. Thanks Matt!
I loved watching Ben give out his enthusiastic thank you hugs! :) Beyond precious.
(He wasted no time getting those Legos put together the next day! He was determined to do them just like Jude does. I would hand him the pieces and show him the picture directions and he put the pieces together.)
I loved all of the cameras on him as we sang Happy Birthday. :)
Such a fun time!
When cake and presents were all finished the kids watched a new movie that Granny gave Ben for his birthday. We adults played a game that Matt & Gina had on their phone. It's like the "headbands" game, but you get many words. You pick a category, like "The 80's" and words pop up on the phone and everyone shouts clues at you while you try to guess as many of the words in 1 minute. It was really fun! There was a lot of laughter, and shouting! :) Great game.
Happy 3rd Birthday Benjamin Gabriel! We love you more than you could imagine! xoxo




















2 comments:
Happy Bday Benjamin! He's a little man.
Bethany, I add you in FB, can accept me?
such a big boy!!! and so creative with the decorations!! I'll have to get on pintrest for viv's birthday coming up...looks like fun!!
Post a Comment