First, I have a question for you, my fellow bloggers. I'd love to make this family blog private, but I'd love for those of you following to still follow. Blogger says that I'd need to have contact names stored, or readers would need to log in. ?? I'm a bit confused. If I'm in your Feedly Reader would you still be able to follow me? I may switch it into "private mode" and do a test post. Do any of you readers use Blogger in Private mode? I'd love your tips!
Well this week was an exciting week, for lots of reasons, but one of them is that Jude is now riding without training wheels! I know he could've easily done it last year, but our life was a bit nuts last summer and it felt like it was raining all the time, so due to his lame parents ;) Jude just scooted around on his balance bike all summer. He's also so fearless that he'd ride his regular bike with training wheels on it and he would go as fast as he could and then wrench the bars to skid the back wheels and do a 180. He did this so much that he completely wore a hole into the back tire! He's such a fearless kid when it comes to his bike. Sometimes a little too fearless for his poor mom's comfort. ;)
Anyway, this weekend he asked Josh to take the training wheels off, and he just took off riding no problem! I think the balance bike did wonders the last two years and that was what taught him how to ride. He was so proud and loved it so much that last night when he was in his pj's walking up to bed he said, "Dad, can I go ride my bike a little more before bed??!" :) Haha! Love it.
Way to go Jude! I had so much fun watching you ride this weekend! What a fun milestone. And I loved watching Josh run along side Jude to help if needed. He's such a great dad. xo
And away he goes!!
Oh, and one cute thing to note here. This past week I've been having Jude pick out his clothes by himself. It's pretty cute sometimes to see what he comes out in. I've only had to tweak once when he was in a jeans and a long sleeve on a 90 degree day. Anyway, this weekend (in this photo) Jude came out wearing Benjamin's pants, that Jude thought were his own shorts. And they actually fit him. It was so funny. Josh and I decided to just not say anything. ;) I love this boy!



5 comments:
Hi B! Way to go Jude!! No training wheels was one of my favorite milestones too!! I don't know anything about the private settings.. and am still trying to figure out feedly, but if you do go private can you include my email.. team.tyacke@comcast.net and lisa.tyacke@comcast.net (I can't remember which one is set up?) I love reading your updates and would be sad to miss out. So curious where you moved?! Is that why I haven't seen you all Summer?!
Congrats on the new house!! I can't wait to see pictures, especially since I've heard it's pretty amazing :)). Maybe we could visit sometime when we're nearby! As for the "private" settings question, I have my blog hidden from search engines and blogger to start, which I think works well. I have two friends with security settings on their blogs and with each I do need log in and it doesn't feed through RSS. Hope that helps!
Jude its a big boy!! Hey B, I love your pics, it is my inspiration. I would ask that if you do go private can you include my email: teleszoe@gmail.com. Thank you.
B - you can go private. We just have to use our google accounts to view. You would add our email addresses and then we could view.
love this post about jude bethany; so sweet. i loooove that he's riding his bike on the farmhouse driveway! it makes my heart slow down a bit to see it. i'm so excited for you guys to be living in the farmhouse and can't wait to see it in your posts. so sorry i missed your birthday; i remembered it too late; i feel like the last 7 weeks of my life have been such a blur. i hope it was fabulous. love you! xoxoxo
Post a Comment