Monday, May 20, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday, Selah!

Selah turned 5 last month! And I'm so glad to sit and finally blog about this precious girl and her big day! :)
Our little horse lover asked to have a pony party this year and to ride Ruby with her friends. Her birthday is just two days apart from her friend Kalea's and the girls decided to have a pony party and celebrate their birthdays together! I'm so glad they did. Selah just loves Claire & Kalea.
My mom and Wayne washed Ruby that day to get her ready for rides, and shortly after they bathed her she rolled all over in the dirt! Little stinker! Haha! So my mom had to wash her again. :) She really is the sweetest pony! And I love that the kids will get to grow up with her.
Grandma Jill gave Selah these cowgirl boots for her birthday. Quite fitting for the occasion. :)
(Jude & Ben were given a pair too.) Thank you Mom and Wayne for all you did for these horse loving birthday girls!
The girls opened their gifts on the lawn under the fruit trees. {Happy Birthday Kalea & thank you for the super fun Legos!}
I love these sweet expressions.
At home Selah opened her gifts from us, and we did our family party. She requested cake pops!
Selah loves animals. Loves! All of the gifts she requested this year involved animals in some way, whether it was whales, ponies, or birds, etc.
We didn't have a big extended family party this year because life just felt too busy with Josh's eye surgery, Ben's dental procedure, etc. But Granddad Kevin and Grandma Janet were so sweet to mail the kids gifts that they were so excited about! And Grandma Chris came up and brought cousin Orion with her to give Jude and Selah their gifts. They loved them! (Orion had fallen asleep in the car on the drive over, so Grandma Chris opened his door and we played outside next to him while he finished up his nap.) :)
The kids got to celebrate their birthdays at school too. Ben and I attended, and their teacher told the story of each year of their lives with photos. We brought cupcakes to share with everyone.
Happy 5th Birthday, Selah! You are growing up so fast. I feel like I blinked and you were suddenly a big 5 year old! I couldn't love you more or be more thankful for you and the joy you bring to our lives! We love you SO much! xoxo

2 comments:

TRiv said...

Happy Happy Birthday (although belated ;-) to that sweet angel of yours! Looks like she had a blast for her party! Hugs from us!!!

Jill said...

Ha ha watched and watched for Pony Party blog and then missed it ! sheesh April and May were a blur...happy blur tho. Love the pics. So thankful for our Pony Girl and getting tho help her celebrate 5 with Ruby Jewel !