Thursday, May 2, 2013

Cooper Mountain Hike

A couple weeks ago Jude & Selah's teachers were listing off a bunch of great places to take the kids hiking around here. Josh and I had never thought to take the kids on a hike, and with the amazing weather last weekend we thought we'd squeeze in two hikes! We had the best time! (I blogged about our first hike in the previous post).

Josh really loved Cooper Mountain Nature Park. And it reminded me SO much of where I grew up in Corvallis. I got excited seeing the wild purple irises and smelling that forest smell and it made me think of walking our long driveway with my cousins. And the view reminded me SO much of the view from my childhood home. It made me want to drive back and see the view from the park at night, because as a child one of my favorite things to do at night was stand in our living room window sill by the piano and just watch the lights down below. Ah, deep sweet memories for sure. <3
Josh is such a good dad and always so good at goofing around with the kids. Here he was telling Jude to walk blindly and "trust him" on the path. Jude wasn't too trusting. :) Selah was being silly for the camera. Me? Oh, I was just getting in a few jumping jacks while the rest of these slackers were eating snacks and taking a rest. ;)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Too, too, too, too, too cute!!! What a great memory to capture, and you did it so well. Love the silly pictures, of course :))