Ok, so maybe this post will be a big catch up. It's the season of birthdays and anniversaries around here. :)
Josh and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary end of May and I realized it's almost been 10 years of living in the Portland area for us too (we moved here 3 months after we got married)! Wow, time flies.

We had always planned to take a big trip for our 10 year (and Josh had frequent flyer miles stored up for us), but about 3 months before our anniversary (which was when we were actually looking at booking) Jude started growth hormone therapy at his endocrinologist's suggestion, and it's an injection we give him every night. Plus he was in the midst of sensory therapy and we had a feeling he'd be starting speech therapy (which he has), so neither Josh or I felt comfortable actually leaving with so much going on. So we opted for a fun date night instead and we had a great time!! It was pretty sweet the way it all worked out.
We started our morning with the kids at school and Benjamin napping, so we made tea, cupcakes and played a super fun game of canasta! Canasta has a lot of history with my family. I started playing when I was 7 and it's a big Cornelius Family tradition! When Josh and I started dating I of course had to teach him the game. We played for years and then one day it happened... he beat me at my own game. It suddenly wasn't so fun, hahaha! We actually kinda quit playing it just the two of us, until we resurrected it on our 10 year anniversary!! Oh, so much fun!!!

After school we had lunch with the kids and enjoyed some family time, then we went out for a date. We went out for Mexican food, and went shopping, which was so fun to just be walking hand in hand. Then we got cozy in a coffee shop for more Canasta, until the Rose Festival fireworks started, so we walked to a nearby rooftop to watch the fireworks show!

It was such a fun day, and I'm so glad it all worked out the way it did. Just simple and special. Kind of like us. ;)
I'm married to my best friend in the whole world! He loves me soooo well and always makes me feel so special. I have so much respect for him - he's genuine, a man of integrity, hard working... and makes me laugh. I love you Joshua!! xoxo, Happy Anniversary!
Following our Anniversary, in the same weekend I got to go to my close friend Hayley's baby shower (so excited for her baby girl on the way later this month!) and then we got to go to my Dad's to celebrate his 60th Birthday! It was so much fun being with my Dad, Janet, Jackie and siblings! I always love the company of my family! Janet made up a great dinner. Matt and Gina had to take off after we got the kids in bed, so they aren't in this photo, but we played a fun game of Canasta with the rest of us! Jackie & Jen (Caleb's girlfriend) were first time players and did GREAT!

I got to take my dad out to breakfast the next morning, then when we got back to the house he took the kids on tractor rides. Always a hit!

And Janet gave wagon rides, which were a hit too...



School adjustment has been going pretty good. The school has been so kind to work with Jude and his sensory issues. I'm really thankful and know it will be a great spot for the kids next year.

Benjamin loves to play on the playground when we go to pick up the kids. One classmate recently got a puppy and Benjamin was soooooo excited to pet it.

Benjamin's vocabulary has been growing. He loves to say things like: apple, more, juice, shoes, thank you, hi, momma, dad, and today as I was taking this photo (below left) he said, "Cheeeeezzzzze!" Haha!! He knew to say "cheese" while posing for a picture. WOW.

Three little monkeys...

While I was cleaning out a bin of baby clothes last month I found a coat of mine from 1984. Selah was really excited about it and has adopted it as her own and wears it all the time.

Randomly, here are some beautiful flowers that our neighbor lady cut for Selah. I love how many fun filters are out there for iphone pics:

Ok, I know this post is getting long, so we'll end with our trip to the Enchanted Forest last weekend!

I loved going to the Enchanted Forest as a kid, so it's fun to take ours. Selah was scared of the dark castles and tunnels, but loved the slides and rides. Jude, who use to greatly dislike rides because of the noise and over-stimulation, really liked them this time! He loved all of the slides and tunnels and caves too. Here's a bunch of pics:

Jude held Selah's hand on the little Ferris wheel.



Cutie...

Shooting Draw with a baby on the hip :)


No comments:
Post a Comment