Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Am I a little bit country?

It's funny how we can go through different seasons in life. In this season of life I've really been missing the place I grew up. I love Corvallis, and the quiet town it is, full of family and friends. Sadly there are hardly any jobs there to support a family, so it's not a place we could live, but I love to visit.

Growing up on acreage, and driving hwy 99 into town, surrounded by fields, etc. I find myself loving outskirt areas of "Portland". Not "out there out there" little towns - more like areas that are within a 5 minute drive to suburbia. :) Like the beautiful fruit farms off of Scholls Ferry and Roy Roger's Road. Such pretty areas that just remind me of Corvallis.

Even funnier in this little season of life is me turning on Country music in the car two weeks ago, and finding myself a little bit hooked on some songs. :) I never thought I'd say that! I'm loving "Banjo" by Rascal Flatts.


Now onto the Weekly iphone photos update:

It's strawberry season and we are planning on picking A LOT of berries this year!

In keeping with tradition, we always snack on honey sticks while visiting the chickens and goats after berry picking.





Jude had a great sensory therapy appt. last week. Miss M is seriously such a blessing - I know I say that all the time, but she really is! She noticed that Jude's speech was regressing a little bit and I told her we'd been going to speech therapy and she asked if she could bring in a different speech therapist to watch Jude while he did his normal sensory therapy appt. I said, "yes please!" Well this gal, Kellie, was just amazing! SO knowledgeable, and she gave me so many helpful tips that we've been using. We hope to start meeting with her once a month.

And Jude's doing great by the way. I think the combination of school and therapies has been doing wonders. He's getting there. I'm so proud of Jude and all the hard work he does too.

Here are just a few more pics from our week:
Park day

Another park where we hunted for sticks and things

Selah's slippers and Benjamin requesting shoes the moment he wakes up

Canasta, popcorn and tea with Josh after kids go to bed

Time with friends, coffee date, exploring, and cuddle bug in our bed after bad dreams

Have a great week!

2 comments:

TRiv said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE country music! I listen to it all the time, even when I was preggo with viv I'd listen to it, then noticed as a baby it would calm her if she was upset. It reminds me of my childhood too, plus it just makes me happy!

Glad to see and hear the kiddies are doing well, they are so cute!! and YAY for Jude and all his accomplishments :-)

Hope Selah's scary dreams go away soon. Vivian just got over having hers almost every night for a few months. poor babies!

Is Ben talking yet? Landen is trying so hard, but sometimes I can't make out what he's saying! I don't remember what it was like when Viv started talking, but i don't think it was like Landen.

i always love reading about you guys!

Chelsi Ritter said...

alright bethany just a couple things:
-ditto on the missing home thing.
-i got into country music in high school and don't listen to it much anymore. so whenever i do it makes me think of growing up in corvallis!
-where are you guys picking berries? it's so beautiful!
-canasta is still my favorite card game and probably always will be.
-is it just me or are benjamin's cheeks getting even MORE pinchable?
-that's so awesome you took your kids to the enchanted forest!
-speaking of the enchanted forest post, i noticed you were wearing a (ahem) ducks sweatshirt, as was josh. explanation??? :)