Many of you know I have a love affair with my Vitamix. :) We use it every day, sometimes twice a day. Aside from making rice cereal, oat flour, almond flour, ice cream, etc. with it, we make a lot of smoothies. Our staple smoothie around here is:
1 banana
1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
1 handful of blueberries
A blop of honey :)
2 cups rice milk
And a little flavored cod liver oil that the kids don't know about.

Well, sadly I ran out of frozen strawberries this week. I only picked about 50lbs last June and it clearly was not enough! But at least I still have about 35 lbs of blueberries in the freezer, so tonight Josh and I created a new standby smoothie to get us through to June, when I can pick more strawberries. This is an exciting smoothie for us because it's so creamy and kind of "milkshakey" and it doesn't require any honey to be sweet! I don't have a photo of it unfortunately (I was too excited drinking our purple experiment that I forgot to snap a photo) :), but here's the recipe for you Vitamix lovers. :)
1 banana
1 cup frozen blueberries
1.5 cups almond milk
dash of chia seeds
dash of flax seeds
1/8 cup shredded unsweetened (unsulfered) coconut
blend in vitamix on high
2 comments:
we've really got to get a vitamix. we make smoothies all the time and i'm always grinding nuts and dried fruit in the food processor! i guess we just need to bite the bullet and save up for one. your smoothies sound delish!
Awesome! I will have to try your recipe. Love your blog Bethany.
Post a Comment