Have I told you how much I adore these sweet faces? Oh, I have? ;)




Yesterday we did our daily calendar, we counted to 100, and we made a simple little clock to just begin learning about it. We just talked about what HOUR it was, nothing more advanced than that talking about the small hand telling the hour, but it uncovered something somewhat surprising and comical!

When I asked Selah what time it was, pointing to "10 o'clock" she looked at me blank. My girl, who can write and knows her phonics, days of the weeks, knows about echolocation and nocturnal animals, doesn't know her numbers!! She can count to 100, but if you point to a #4 and say "what number is this?" she may give you a blank stare. It was pretty funny to me because it was such an oversight of mine! Sorry Selah! I obviously need to put some numbers up on the wall and review them often. I think because Selah talks so maturely and has been pacing so well with Jude in school, I can forget that the dear sweet thing is only 3 1/2! I'm so proud of her and how eager she is to learn - she loves it! But I need to make sure her preschool foundation of learning that we're building on is firm first. :) Just as the kids are learning, I'm learning too!
I made this sheet of paper (bottom photo) as soon as I realized she was struggling with knowing her numbers. I asked her to point to and read each one just to see which ones she knew. She pointed to each number counting to ten and then went to the second row and went "11, 12, 13, 14..." That cracked me up! :) So then we practiced writing 10 and 4 since they seemed to be the two she was having the most trouble remembering. She did great. I love that girl!!

It's been fascinating to watch them learn this year. Jude is very numbers focused right now and Selah is very letters/word focused. It will be interesting to see if it changes as they grow up.


Happy Wednesday!
1 comment:
Love, love, love these updates!!!
Post a Comment