Friday, May 22, 2020

Oh da Bestest Friendsness of Thy (my kids titled this with their friend language) ;)

Our friends, Isaac, Evan and Sheri came to visit this week! It was so great to finally get to see them after months of social distancing. We got to celebrate Evan's 11th's birthday and catch up on life.
These kids are in the habit of playing Minecraft together online, most every afternoon and they facetime at the same time. So they loved getting to play outside all together as face to face humans!
Sheri and I drank coffee, made dinner and solved all of life's problems. ;)
Since we can gather with less than 25 people now, we gathered for a dinner and movie night at Dad and Janet's. It was so much fun, and we enjoyed root beer floats too. Yum! Those make me think of childhood.
We installed flooring in the rental this week! And the carpet was installed in the bedrooms today, woohoo! I'm so happy with how everything is coming along. This weekend we're looking forward to making more progress on little things like installing sinks, doors, knobs, etc.
We went on a five hour bike ride last Friday! There was a window of sunshine we took advantage of before the rains returned. We biked near our new home (that we won't move to until mid-summer) and played in the creek again. We also biked all over campus, got frozen yogurt, and hit up an amazing food truck downtown on our way home. It was a great day of spontaneity! 
Parking bikes by the creek. :)
Such a pretty spot, and such a beautiful girl.
I love Jude's humor. He asked me to take this pic, ha!
The kids love this tree.
It looks like this from below... I love the roots!
We biked to campus. With all of the students gone it felt like we had the place to ourselves. I loved biking past Gilmore Hall... so pretty with the older trees.
We laid in the grass and listened to a tree full of birds. It was blissful.
So many flowers were in bloom!
Fro yo!
I always love this spot.
Headed back through the covered bridge and past the field of lamas.
Selah thinks lamas look like a cross between a deer, a horse, and a poodle. ;) I can see it.
We had worked up such an appetite that I was nearly crying when I took my first bite of this amazing food. Not because of hunger, but because of joy. It tasted SO GOOD!!
Spring means seeing baby deer and baby turkey around our house. Today we had a dozen baby turkey chicks on our front walkway!! We all squealed with delight when we saw them. :) Here's a sweet little buck snacking on our dogwood tree.
I snipped some of those lilac and white roses out there for our dining table.
Gina stopped by this week and it was so great to have coffee with her and visit for a bit. Matt ended up coming over after work, so we picked up some pizzas and we got to have a sibling dinner with all of us sibling. I sure love our family!
Out for a walk. Tonight I was watching Jude and just so proud of him. He was having a great time walking Westley, and overall, just very attentive. And tonight, Selah put dinner left overs away without being asked. She's just so helpful. And Ben is learning to take good care of his things. I'm so thankful for our kids. What a joy it is to watch them grow up. xo

No comments: