We went hiking for Mother's Day near our new house and had a blast! My favorite memories were singing and dancing on the trail in the cool shade of the trees. I also loved when we walked through this beautiful creek to soak our hot feet at the end of our long walk. Ahhhh, it felt heavenly! Our feet were much happier after that. We also discovered new biking paths that we can't wait to try out, and saw so many lovely flowers and birds.
It was 80 degrees that day, which is my favorite outdoor temperature. Bliss!
Being a mom is my favorite job, and also my greatest gift. I'm soooo thankful God gave me these three treasures! Raising kids is hard work, and we're all just trying to do our best as we fumble along, but it's the most rewarding work. I'm constantly amazed by these three humans, and I love their hearts and minds and all they teach me about humility, pride, love and self-sacrifice. God's design is beautiful.
We had dinner with the moms and family that Mother's Day evening. :) Grateful for these women! Love them so.
Gina was looking so cute that I made her pose in front of grandma's flowers. :)
Josh and my brother's played some great music that night. Here's Josh with his harmonica.
We've been busy remodeling our rental house on nights/weekends! We're redoing all of the floors, closet doors, lighting, hardware, sinks, toilets, counters, appliances, roof, etc. It's a big job, but we're actually having quite a great time with it! Some days it's exhausting, but I enjoy piecing it all together, budgeting it, and working our timeline. Josh and I learned a lot on our last house, and like having a side project to work on. The kids do great to help here and there, too. They took out the front fence for us with sledge hammers, and loved flexing some muscle on that job.
I painted the interior with our pro gun. I honestly love doing that job. It's so satisfying!
Laminate flooring goes in this weekend and carpet next week.
We often get out and go for a walk or bike ride after a day of work on the rental...
this was Ben the other night, with his lantern that he made himself from his kiwi kit. How sweet childhood is!
We love to bike and walk this street by our house...
I sure love this guy! Our long walks are where we like to discuss life's big questions, talk about future dreams and plans, and we like talking with our kids about things we've learned in adulthood.
We also love to walk our new neighborhood when picking up our mail there. The kids are pretty excited about getting to swim in the pool there this summer... they're hoping and praying covid doesn't change those plans. Fingers crossed. But even if it's closed, we'll still be able to enjoy the river and creek nearby.
Spring = LOTS of hammock time for our kids. They love to hang out there together on hot days, with popsicles and chickens. :)
I love it there under the oaks, too... it's very peaceful to just stare upward. And realize how small we are.
The kids love to pick bouquets for the dining table. I love them!
We got on a little origami kick for a while...
Selah got braces!!
Even though they're at the tail end, I love how beautiful these roses from Janet's parent's home are! That color! Gorgeous.
These handsome boys are growing up! Jude recently had to size up his clothing again. He likes to brag about his chin hairs and the future goatee he's going to grow. ;) It makes me smile! I love all of this family time we're getting!
I hope you're having a wonderful May!






































1 comment:
Love these sweet updates! It sure is a sweet time of life right now! Love you guys, and that we get to spend so much time together. :)
Post a Comment