Josh got home from a business trip in Long Beach, CA and we were sooo happy to have him back home! So we took a picture. ;) Actually we were headed to a church function and had about an hour of free time beforehand so I requested that we head down to the river nearby and take some back to school photos and family photos.
We're back to school! And I'm pretty happy to be back in our rhythm, minus the mood adjustments that always seem to be a part of the first week. ;)It's our seventh year schooling at home (wow! seventh!) and we're still a part of our charter school (distance learning program). We are so thankful for the support and structure of our school. And even better, our cousin Nora and our close friends are now a part of the charter school too, so we'll get to see them at field trips and school speeches, etc. this year!
But now onto our back to school photos. ;)
Jude is now a 7th grader!
Selah is in 6th...
And Ben is in 3rd... but trying with all of his might to catch up to his siblings.
Josh took a "back to school" photo of me as well. ;) Another year mentoring our kiddos and hoping to pass along a love for learning. Learning is fun, especially when it feels more like discovering!
This year we've been starting our days by reading aloud a chapter from Proverbs, then we move onto math, writing and science... we've been geeking out on the periodic table of elements right now. ;) I love the conversations that come up... today it dawned on Selah that with each new discovery of elements, and how they can be used, our world advances and we all wondered what elements would be discovered next and how they'd shape the future.
I'm thankful for the amount of time I get with my kids during the school year, and especially love our morning times. I pray we will grow in wisdom and knowledge this year, and understanding too as we work alongside one another.
I hope your school year is off to a great start!








No comments:
Post a Comment