Our rental apartment was across the street from Pike's Place Market, which was a real treat! It was so easy to come and go. Josh's meetings were at Starbuck's headquarters, so he'd take our car each day and the kids and I would explore on foot. It worked out great. Then he'd spend time with us in the evenings.
Ready to get our grunge on! ;)
The first day the kids and I wandered around the Market and visited the key spots, including gum alley.
We wandered through some cute stores, and bought a Planisphere from a cool map store. It shows you what stars are visible where you live based on each day of the year. We thought that would be fun to add to our backyard star gazing and learning. We also stood in line at Target... turns out that the downtown Seattle Target line is always about 20 people long, according to the checker there. Crazy!
That evening, right after the kids and I had eaten dinner, showered, and gotten ready for bed, Josh came through the door saying we had to go watch the sunset by the water. So we all changed back into street clothes and I threw a hat over my wet hair and we ventured out to the most fun and beautiful evening by the water!
The mountains, and sunset we watched from there.
It was dreamy walking through the lit up streets that warm evening.
We decided to go ride the Great Wheel on pier 57.
Jude was really hesitant the closer we got.
They took our photo before we got on...
But we talked and talked about the ride (in a positive light), and fears in general, and as we stood in line Jude overcame his fears! In fact, he ended up being the bravest of us all once we were up there and he loved the ride the most!! I was so proud of him!!
The views were pretty amazing!
I honestly felt pretty nervous as our little car swung at the highest point. Ugh! But the views and the kids' happiness were a great distraction.
As we walked back to our apartment we talked about how great it was to not give up, but to overcome our fears and try new things. Those moments often make the best memories!
I sure love this bunch!!
The next morning the kids and I decided to walk back down to the pier and buy a water taxi ticket to Alki Beach. I thought it would be fun to play on the beach there and have lunch by the water.
While waiting for the taxi we made Seattle pennies.
All aboard!
We had lunch at a cute little fish and chips place across the street from the beach.
Then we walked down to the water and the kids dug in the sand for an hour.
We decided to head back around 3pm so that we could wander the shops on the way back to our apartment, and then make dinner.
Pretty views from the water.
I love adventuring with these guys! They make life so fun! We bought treats and watched a few episodes of Monk together.
The next morning we checked out of our rental apartment and dropped Josh off at Starbucks headquarters for his last meeting. The kids and I visited the ginormous coffee shop there and they ordered hot cocoas, and we drank them by the big outdoor fireplace. This coffee shop had a pastry kitchen where you could watch the desserts being made in the back.
The kids and I then went up the hill to play at the park. What a view!
This park had two schools by it, and kids from one school came to play while on recess. This merry-go-round ended up being piled with kids and I loved watching my kids talk to the whole group. It was really sweet. Jude instantly connected with this kid in the pokemon hat. They talked all things pokemon for nearly the whole recess. And a few girls took great interest in Ben. ;) They asked Selah questions about his age and such. Ben admitted that he didn't mind the attention. ;) Oh boy!
We then headed back to pick up Josh and we were off to church camp. A few hours later (and through some thick traffic), we found ourselves right here, in this peaceful place, ready to soak up some days with our church friends... more on that in the next post.


















































No comments:
Post a Comment