Josh's party was SO much fun! He invited his nearest and dearest friends and the ten of us gathered in our backyard for a tri-tip steak dinner with asparagus, salad, roasted potatoes and garlic bread.
We enjoyed time by the fire and Caleb set up Virtual Reality for everyone to try.
We had dessert and played the game Muse and celebrated this amazing man!!
I loved seeing him surrounded by wonderful people who have known him and loved him for decades. You're a treasure Josh Fegles and we loved celebrating you!! xoxo
Happy Birthday, Baby!
Sheri and her boys came down to visit yesterday and they celebrated our birthdays with us, too. Sheri brought me these beautiful vases with flowers! She thought I'd enjoy using them for herb cuttings from my garden. She's right, I'd love that!
And she brought along s'mores ingredients so we could celebrate Josh too. The kids built us a fire.
Thank you Sheri for the gifts and fun photos!
Jude likes burning the end of sticks in the fire, so I told him I could write his name with the stick if he'd let me. :) Slow shutter speed trick...
We also got to host a family lunch Sunday afternoon, which was so much fun! We had the music playing, and I baked a peach cobbler for dessert, and we had a cheesecake to celebrate our birthdays as well with cherry and strawberries toppings. Yum! I always love time with this bunch.
My mom and Wayne watched the kids for Josh's party, and when we went to pick them up the next morning they had an amazing birthday breakfast for us!! It was soooo good! Wayne makes the best quiche. And their company was wonderful.

Josh surprised me with a baby Taylor guitar for my birthday! I've always wanted one, and thought it was incredibly thoughtful! It has a pick-up and tuner built in and it's just the right size for me! I love it. And Ben loves playing it too, since it fits him as well.
It's that time of year again when all of our garden produce grows like crazy, and the chirps of baby birds are heard all over the place.
Each summer we see the baby turkeys...
These beautiful Western Tanagers have made a nest in our big backyard maple.
We've been enjoying the beginnings of our raspberries and blueberries.
And our snap peas went crazy... they are taller than me!
We have a lot of roses around our house, and this one had an ombre effect going on.
It's fun to see our backyard coming along. It looks so different, just since all of the excavation we did in April, and I know it will look so different by next summer!
We still need to finish painting the back of the house and back of the garage, and install some exterior lights and do some siding improvements. We also bought seed to reseed the lawn on both sides of the creek... it will all come together in time. It's definitely a work in progress, but one that we're enjoying! And I want to be sure to document the stages, since it will hopefully look much improved by next year.

























No comments:
Post a Comment