The kids are tucked in bed, Josh is playing guitar (practicing tomorrow's song set for worship at church) so I thought I'd use this time to try and catch up a bit here. In addition to listening to Josh's music, it's a treat to be sitting by the warm fire and twinkling Christmas tree.
Back at the very end of our summer we had our good friends Aaron & Val (and their kids) come down from Portland, to stay for the weekend.
The kids loved staying up late playing with glow sticks and the zipline.
These two girls have a sweet friendship.
Val and I took the kids blueberry picking and had a fun time!
I did some family pics for them that weekend too.
The next weekend our friend Sheri and her boys came to visit. These kids often say they all feel like cousins.
We took all the kids to Papa's Pizza and loved having Matt, Gina and Nora with us. I love Nora's face in this pic. ;)
This is pretty typical when Sheri comes to visit. So much laughing it's hard to breath at times. :)
Because we're FUNNY, duh! ;)
(Chelsi, you're always missed in these moments!!)
The next weekend my Aunt Judy came to visit from Arizona! We had a nice lunch at my mom's with her as the guest of honor. I could listen to Aunt Judy tell stories all day long. She's great at it and has the best ones to share.
She had seen the carousel being constructed and the animals being carved at her last visit, so we went to ride it now that it's finished.
The following weekend we got to celebrate Janet's 60th Birthday!
My dad threw a great party, with live music and wonderful food, and Janet was surrounded by her closest friends.
Ben dancing with Grandpa Mike.
Janet is most known in the community for her servant's heart! She is in constant motion helping others. Happy birthday Janet! xo
Our friend snapped our picture.
The kids in our new backyard creek.
And Mr. Fluffbottoms came to visit. :)
The women in our church meet about once a month for book club, and I LOVE it!! It's the most precious group of friends, and I always love the books my friend Hannah chooses. They have so much depth.
This is by far my favorite book I've read this year.
[ If you're related to me, don't buy it, because you might be getting it from me for Christmas. ;) ]
This author is incredible. She has an almost anointed way of weaving gardening, personal stories, and Jesus' messages of truth all together to get powerful points across.
Goofing off at the craft store.
We set up a little ninja line that the kids love to see if these can make it all the way across.
We love going for family walks!
At the end of September my mom took me horse back riding at bald hill. It was such a beautiful fall day, and the horses just clopped along the path.
We took them up to the old barn.
And then down through this field and across the creek.
I had a lot of fun. I'm such a rusty rider that there were moments I was a little nervous, but her horse Pia was so kind to me! And my mom kept us all calm. :)
Matt came over one night and showed us his cool new music toy. He can create some really amazing music with this thing!! He's so talented.
One night we were running errands in Salem and stopped at the state capital building to walk the grounds briefly. It was a beautiful evening. I love September in Oregon. And this year was exceptional!


































No comments:
Post a Comment