Josh was gone a lot this fall, so I planned some outings to look forward to, and distract us all from the man we were missing. One day my mom joined us for a day at the beach. The kids got so dirty playing in the sand and water, but they had the best time! The beach really is our happy place. :)
Look at Jude's black pants here! :) Covered in sand.
My mom and I had snacks on a blanket while the kids built sand villages.
The kids and I had just finished reading a book about Napoleon Bonaparte in our school days, so Ben had army men in the sand, set with great war strategies. ;)
We had to hit up the candy shop and visit the seals down in Historic Newport before heading home.
And speaking of Napoleon, the kids gave 5-6 minute speeches for our charter school we're a part of. They did such an awesome job and worked hard on their presentation boards.
Caleb came over and had dinner with us one night. I always love his company and having conversations with him. And the kids think he's a pretty awesome Uncle.
We were soooo happy to have Josh home from a work conference! We bundled up and went for a family walk. My favorite. I think it's my favorite because we're surrounded by beauty, and the calm of nature, and we get to have fun conversations with our kids, all while getting to stroll hand in hand.
Pretty sunset that evening.
That weekend Ben had his first flag football game and Selah got invited to her friend Macy's birthday party in Portland
Grandma Chris went with Josh & Jude to Ben's first football game and they all went out for Benny's donuts afterward. Yum!!
Our rooster Frightful needed to go to a new home. We loved him dearly, but honestly, I was tired of hearing him crow all day long. Plus, our hens are getting pretty old and he was being kind of hard on them. The kids understood and we offered him up on FB to a good home and he was claimed within 10 minutes of posting his picture. He now guards a flock of young hens in Monroe, Oregon. :) The new owner was thrilled with him.
The kids asked to have their picture taken with him before they said goodbye.
We love you Frightful!
Mr. Fluffbottom saw how much love Frightful was getting, and he wanted some too. But he couldn't quite get through the fence... so he settled on this. Ha! He still managed to get pet. That cat will take whatever he can get! He's not shy. :) We love his personality.
And now this is me. With no crowing in my life. ;) Sorry, Frightful, I really do love you! But I also love that you're serving your high calling and life-purpose elsewhere. It was a win-win.
We've been enjoying a pretty simple cooking method around here for dinners. We choose a meat and veggies (roasted, steamed or sauteed) and then add in one of these grains: mini-lentils, brown rice, quiona or g-free pasta noodles. And we have sliced up fruit, too. Very simple and easy to make.
Well one night we were just having a bunch of left overs and I saw one of my kids walk by with their plate dished up like this. I had to take a pic of that Parmesan cheese. Too funny! :)
Look at these awesome dancers.
I took a five week hip-hop dance class with my friend Amy, so I was teaching the kids some moves. :) We had a dance party in the living room with Sheri and her boys. Josh watched us crazies. There was a lot of laughing! :)
We got to celebrate my Grandma's birthday in October. The kids had fun surrounding her and showering her with balloons and gifts. They love their Granny.
I think I have too many pics yet to post, so I'll divide October over two posts. :) xo

























No comments:
Post a Comment