Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Christmas!

(Our Christmas Card this year) ;)

We had a wonderful & relaxed Christmas! It's such a joy to celebrate the birth of our Savior; a weary world rejoices indeed! I'm so thankful for the gift of Jesus, who is the very reason for the peace & joy in my life.

Our kids could hardly sleep on Christmas Eve's Eve because they were so excited for the days to come. :) Sunday morning we went to church and then drove out to Josh's parent's house. Great Grandma Fegles had just gotten home that afternoon from a hospital stay! So we were extra happy to have her and Great Grandpa there. She's a trooper!
While the kids were opening presents Selah was making me smile. :)
And then she was so excited about what was in that box. The perfect gift from Grandpa & Grandma:
Grandpa Mike had just had knee replacement surgery, and Grandma Chris was recovering from a bad fall, and they still managed to host a wonderful Christmas for us all and lavish us with thoughtful gifts! They are amazing. Thank you Mom and Dad Fegles for such a wonderful time all together! 
One of my favorite Christmas gifts this year was this book, Blessed are the Misfits by Brant Hansen. Thank you Mom and Dad Fegles! He's the author that wrote my FAVORITE book I read last year, Unoffendable. I read the first three chapters of this one Christmas morning and had to read one of the chapters out loud to Josh because I was just so blown away. I can't recommend Brant's books enough! I wish everyone would read them. :) 
The next morning the kids woke us up (too early according to our tired bodies), and they were ready to bound down the stairs and open their stockings! 
We always have a scavenger hunt with one group gift, so we had the kids kick off the morning with that. They ran all over the house finding clues. :)
They found a lego set that was an addition to a fun lego chicken game they like to play.
Stockings!
You always have to have an orange in the bottom! Tradition! :) And a box of sugar cereal. Did anyone else have those things in their stockings growing up? 
Over Christmas break we watched home videos of when the kids were toddlers and we lived in our Tigard house. It was so sweet. There was video of Jude sleeping in his toddler bed, and dancing to Psalty with Josh, and "reading us" truck books. I can't believe my little boy is this big, handsome kid now! xo
Selah has requested a coat just like mine for a year. She and I always look for one, but Josh actually found one a few weeks ago! And he found Ben a leather jacket too, which he always says he'd like to have one day, along with a cool surfer haircut. ;)
The gift the kids were most excited about this year were legit walkie-talkies. They have been playing with them for hours on end since they got opened! They wanted something that they could run around the farm playing with, and enjoy with friends too.
I'm so thankful for this guy!! Life with him is such a gift!
We spent that morning and afternoon relaxing, playing games with the kids, and I took a nap! 
Then that afternoon we headed over to my mom's. I told her that we'd be arriving in our pj's. ;) Ha!
We had a wonderful time eating dinner. Wayne made the best clam chowder I've ever had! Along with an incredible ham and mashed potatoes and yummy salad. Matt & Gina serenaded us with a Christmas song while Matt played piano. Then Selah played Silent Night. We got to watch the kids open gifts, then the adults, and we got to FaceTime with Caleb and Jen who were in California with her family. Then we played catch phrase and had a lot of fun before heading home to crash. Thank you Mom and Wayne, and Grandma and Papa for such a lovely Christmas!!
We also got to walk through Gandma & Papa's house, that is almost finished being built, and it is lovely! I'm so excited for them. 
I'm so thankful for the gift of family. And we're looking forward to celebrating Christmas in January with Dad and Janet and that side of the family! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! xo

No comments: