Ever since school started I've had a hard time keeping up with my blog/family journal. But now that we're moving into the colder months I'm trying to embrace the season and force some rest. Although, writing this after midnight, when I finally have a silent moment isn't actually very restful is it? ;)
We're making good progress on the remodel out at the property. We're so thankful for the expert hands that have helped us on this adventure!
The kids love to play out there and explore.
Josh went to four conferences this fall for work, all of them taking his to the east coast, and one to Canada. We loved getting fun texts from him.
The kids and I kept busy and planned lots of things to do while Josh was gone.
When the kids were little we had a zoo pass and visited the zoo at least once a month. Current day, none of them remembered ever being there. :) Haha! But they loved it, like it was a new experience.
Ben wrote Josh some notes while he was gone. He was telling Josh about how he was working out and eating healthy. :)
I loved this quote from one of my favorite authors. She was speaking at a conference for mothers and someone posted these words she had just spoken. ;)
One day, early in the school year, we danced in the rain.
I went to my neighbor John's estate sale. I wasn't going to go, because I thought I'd be too emotional and it would make me sad to see his place without him there. But I decided to go at the last minute after being encouraged by a friend who went, and I ended up purchasing this wool blanket of his that instantly made me think of him. We put it on our family room chair, and I love that it makes me think of him every day.
Oh the moon!! Could it get any more beautiful?
On the day that Josh flew out for his last business trip, I photographed my step-brother's wedding here in the orchard. The kids did so well that day and made me proud. When Josh travels, the four of us become extra close and learn to help each other more than usual. And thank you to family who helped out so much too!!
Congrats to this beautiful couple!
Cider pressing with family.
School game day.
The kids gave speeches early in the school year and did great. Ben cracked everyone up at the end of his speech. There was a question and answer time and when people would raise their hands to ask a question he'd bluntly say, "what?" He did it so many times pretty soon everyone was laughing. :) He likes making a crowd laugh, so it only fed his fun. Afterward one of the teachers explained that he could work on responding with a softer word like, "yes?"
When there's free time Jude loves to play with snap circuits, and Selah often loves to make art.
... or bake! Look at this sweet biscuit she made.
I was soooo happy to finally have Josh home after all his travels!
A wonderful day out walking that I never want to forget. It was a sweet day.
Christmas music and cinnamon rolls accompanied our pumpkin carving this year! :)
Then on Halloween we stopped at our sweet neighbor's house first.
We love getting to trick-or-treat with cousin Nora!
And I love the time we adults get together, too!
Part of our school year has been more challenging this year. I could see that Selah was needing some one-on-one time, so we went out for donuts and walked around our town's quaint downtown shops. I love time with my sweet girl.
We love getting to spend time with Matt and Gina! What a gift to get to do life together.
Friends invited us to a cider party. It was in a cold warehouse, but we had a great time!
They served cider out of giant pumpkins.
Josh and I love playing Go-moku! It's basically a giant tic-tac-toe board, but you have to get five in a row.
I love this photo of Jude out at the property. Something about it just makes me smile.
One night this fall, as we were leaving from there, we saw two bucks fighting, and their antlers were crashing loudly. It was fun to sit and watch before we headed home.
Well, that's enough for this long winded post. I hope you're enjoying your fall season! xo











































No comments:
Post a Comment