Friday, October 27, 2017

Fall!

Even though our school days can feel stuffed to the brim sometimes, we're making time to get out and enjoy this beautiful weather and soak up the sunshine! All of the leaves are in their full glory right now and need to be enjoyed before they disappear! :)
This week the kids got to attend an Octoberific night with friends.
Ben's front tooth is barely hanging on! I'm shocked it hasn't fallen out yet.
Those pics above reminded me of this cute photo of Jude from last month, so I had to go looking for it and include it here. :)
We grew three new varieties of pumpkins this year and I love them! Ben is requesting that we make pumpkin pie out of one of them, to be enjoyed on Halloween. He wants to decorate the top of the pie with whipped cream to look like a carved pumpkin. :)
Yesterday afternoon we went over to Robin & Laura's farm to visit their cute piglets! We've never seen baby pigs before, so we had to go. (See the OSU football stadium lights off in the distant view from their farm? The Beavers played last night.)
Their sweet dog greeted us when we first arrived.
Laura tucked a tiny piglet into her coat, to keep it warm, and brought it over to us so that we could pet it.
The giant sow mama came over and let the piglets nurse for a couple minutes. Laura had to help one of the tiny piglets.
One brave little piglet ventured over and licked Jude's boots. :)
Jude loves to hold the chickens at Robin & Laura's farm.
There are also goats there that greet us on the way in and on the way out.
I'm sure loving this season with my kids! This school year is pushing me more than any other year so far (just too full), but I can see that it's also going to be a very rewarding year. It's binding us together in a sweet way, and I'm loving that. We closed up our math books early yesterday to get out and see those cute pigs. :)
Happy Fall!

No comments: