We went up early to visit our friends Aaron and Val and their kids for one day, and then spent a day with my cousin Ian and his family. It was a great way to start the trip. The kids loved playing with friends and family. And Josh and I loved getting to catch up with the adults.
I always love spending time with Ian and Kaylene! They made us feel so at home and special in their welcoming home. And they gave us this beautiful bowl that Ian made himself! It's a treasure to me.
He's so talented!
I was really excited to get to meet little Foster! He's already 5 months old, and he has the cutest smile! His whole face lights up when he smiles. :)
Ian showed us the tropical house he built in his backyard. It was so warm and cozy, and calming. Selah loved seeing Kimber again.
Ben always loves to be around babies. I thought his response to Foster's cry right before he went to sleep was pretty funny. :)
That night we got settled into our hotel.
And the next day we headed to the Seattle Art Museum while Josh worked.
Jude loved any art with bold lines and colors.
This was one of my favorite pieces we saw that day. I love so much about it. The lines, lighting, colors, setting, and mood of it. It's lovely.
I was most excited for the kids to see Monet's Water Lillie painting because we've studied his work in school.
Their reaction to this giant mouse sitting on a man in bed. ;)
I loved the details in this painting. It was so soothing to stare at.
Here are a few more that drew me in.
We took a break to try our own hand at making some art on their computers.
Selah "painted" this chicken and I thought it was so cute!
Ben "painted" this fire breathing dragon, that I loved too.
The kids hit this point in the day and I told them I was going to title this image of them "reality". ;)
So we headed to the Public Market on Pike St. The kids got to see the men throwing fish, and we looked at the flowers and produce. Their little legs were getting tired so they asked if we could head back to the hotel.
We met up with Josh in the gym and hung out with him for a little bit.
The kids and I swam while josh was in work meetings, and we loved the view from up there both in the daytime and evening!
Another fun part of our hotel stay was that we had breakfast and early dinners there, included in our stay. The kids loved getting to try new pastries, and make cocoas, etc.
I'll have to share the rest of our pics in the next post!


























No comments:
Post a Comment