Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July!

We had a nice 4th of July. It's always been one of my favorite holidays. I just love summertime so very much, and I love that it's such a relaxing holiday!!
Since we'd spent so much time on a recent project in the upstairs of the farmhouse we were feeling a little less energetic this year and decided to just relax and stay home this 4th, instead of braving the crowds for any large events. Josh napped, I got to plant some fall veggie seeds & garden with Janet, and we bbq'd with Dad and Janet at the end of a lovely day. Janet made a yummy coleslaw from cabbage in the garden and we made some yummy sweet potato fries. They headed home, and we ran down the street and bought some sparklers, whipper snappers, random fireworks and a fountain and just had fun doing our own little thing in the driveway. We also discovered that if you wait until the last minute to actually buy your fireworks they are crazy cheap. ;) Procrastination for the win! Then we made hot cocoa with marshmallows and headed for bed. :)

I took some cute pics of Josh and the kids tonight, but I ran into some issues trying to download them, so I'll have to share them another day. Happy 4th of July!!

2 comments:

Chelsi Ritter said...

Where did you take these photos? You always find the best spots!! Thanks for the firework tip; we'll have to try that next year. Your 4th sounds so wonderful Bethany! We took things easy this year too and it was great ;) Can't wait to see the upstairs room!!

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

These pics were taken in the backyard of a house we rented for a family vacation last month. When I saw the picturesque spot I knew I had to do a photo shoot of the kids. ;)