Thursday, May 19, 2016

Selah's 8th Birthday

Selah did everything she hoped to do for her 8th birthday! She's so easy to please and has the sweetest heart. She requested to have a few close friends over for donuts, painting nails, playing outside with the chickens and watching a movie. So that's just what we did! Although, they had such a great time playing that we lost track of time and never got around to the movie, but she said she loved how it all went. :) She helped cut flowers to decorate the table, and she had fun putting together the party favors for her friends, which were a little bottle of nail polish, a chocolate and a bookmark. 
We kind of have this little family tradition of writing on the white board for events. If people are staying with us, or a kid is having a birthday, or if it's a holiday, we write a note and then the kids decorate around it. :)
Lunch together!
Donuts!
Painted nails!
After they painted nails they played outside for about an hour. Then they came back inside and built a fort that they played with Legos inside of. :) I enjoyed getting to visit with my friends Ann & Ashley while the girls played.
Selah waved goodbye to her sweet friends & she and I got to spend an hour together, just us, before the boys got back home.
This age, eight, is so precious with a daughter! Selah is such a great balance of sweet & spitfire, which I think is necessary when you have two brothers. ;) 
 I love that she still plays pretend, but she can also enjoy sitting around with the adults and join in on the conversation. I love her little mind and how she's quick to figure things out, but also so carefree. I love having Selah with me in the kitchen, and that she's at the age where she can make a batch of biscuits for the family while I'm doing the dishes. She recently learned how to make quesadillas on the stove and Josh commented on how she was just about ready to move out on her own, and she said, "But Dad! I only know how to make one thing on the stove!" ;)
Selah loves her friends and I think she is such a sweet one herself.
And of course one of the things that stands out the most about Selah is her love for animals. And boy do they always love her! She has such a gentle spirit and cares so much for God's creatures. My mom has horses and a barn, and recently she found kittens in the barn hay. Selah has hardly been able to contain her love and excitement for them. She named them all and loves to visit! :)
Selah, you are such a gift to our family! I love your precious heart, your love for others and your love for the Lord. I love that you're like a little mother hen to all of your animals, and let's be honest, to your brothers too. :)
You're fun, joyful, and a joy to have around. We couldn't love you more!!
Happy 8th Birthday beautiful girl! xoxo 

1 comment:

TRiv said...

Gosh she's getting so big!! such a beauty too. :-) Happy Birthday to your precious angel!!! Sounds like a wonderful day!!