Sunday, December 20, 2015

Winter Hike

We've had a wonderful, restful family weekend celebrating Ben's birthday and just soaking up time together.

Yesterday the sun made a glorious appearance, after many days of straight rain! We were so happy to be outside and decided to go hike the Allen Throop Loop to see it in it's winter scene, since we hadn't been there since May. I love that there are so many great hikes at our fingertips here. Oregon has so much beauty.
There was a fun surprise when we reached the top of the hill... someone had hung a tree swing in the giant oak!!
The sun came and went while we swung. Boy did it feel nice when it was shining brightly!
I love this pretty shot of the view that Josh captured with his iphone. See the smoke rising from the valley? I picture cozy, warm homes. :)
The kids love this half tree. I always wonder how it got that way.
My love. <3
Ben made this for Selah...
We could see the rain coming, so we knew it was time to head home... only we headed to New Morning Bakery for treats instead. ;)
I'm grateful to live in such a beautiful place.

1 comment:

Jill said...

" Selah " out of sticks ... awesome. I enjoyed the hike :)