Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Selah's Christmas Party

We hosted a Christmas party here last weekend that was our sweet Selah's idea. I love her precious heart. We sang Christmas songs, my brothers played music, Selah sang Somewhere in My Memory while I played piano, we read the story of Jesus' birth, played funny games, and ate lots of yummy food. Selah requested that we use our "fancy dishes" so we used the china we were given for our wedding.

Thank you Gina for this dinner pic! (She balanced her cell phone in a Christmas tree to take it.) ;)
These guys sang a funny Christmas song that I didn't know, but I LOVED it!!
We played some silly games and this one made me laugh. These guys put a dab of vaseline on their noses and had to get their reindeer nose to stick by flicking it up from their mouth. Jen did it on her first try!
This was the funniest to watch! You had to put a cookie on your forehead and, using only your facial muscles, had to inch it down into your mouth. Matt did it in a matter of seconds!
(We rearranged the living room with a tv so the guys could watch the mixed martial arts world championship fight later on that night. I liked that Josh turned on the Netflix Yule log.) ;)
This was a "stack all the red cups with only one hand in less than a minute" game. 
This game was throwing marshmallows ("snowballs") through the wreath... the boys beat the girls 27 to 25. Thank you Gina for the photo! And I only got hit in the face a few times. ;)
My favorite was the gift game. You had to unwrap the present, while wearing mittens, and the player to your left was trying to roll doubles with dice in order to take a turn. The gift was hiding in smaller wrapped boxes within the bigger box. Caleb was amazing at this game, unwrapping the most paper. Jen rolled doubles as he got to the last box and she won the prize. :) 
(We found these games on Pinterest.)
Nora Bean loves her Uncle Caleb!
And I sure love time with our families.

The next evening Josh and I went to his company Christmas party while Grandma Chris came here to watch the kids. We had a nice time chatting with his co-workers and their spouses over dinner. They gave each employee an REI jacket and I thought it was funny how closely we matched. ;)
There were a lot of geese in the back field last week. They visited for a couple days, and the kids loved scaring them into the air! They were a noisy bunch.
We took the kids to Local Boyz (a favorite little OSU hole in the wall) for the first time last week, while out running errands. It took me back to the days of our late teens and early 20's when we always ordered the 5a.
Then we went through the Pastega lights on the way home, as we do each year at Christmas time.

No comments: