It's so different from my photo season routine, and I love the rhythm of the off season. My lists are what keep me on track, and honestly, I don't know if it's just mom-brain or what, but does anyone else feel like they use to be able to remember everything, but these days they can't? Life has so many details and interruptions with 3 kids. If I don't see things written down, then something is forgotten.
Each night I make a list of what needs to be done for the next day and what's coming later on in the week. Anything that doesn't get accomplished by the end of the day gets put onto the following days' list. I love seeing, "Be still and know that I am God" at the bottom of a list. :)
Ok, yesterday we had a serious accomplishment over here, folks! We celebrated with cookies the fact that Jude wrote this whole page in less than 5 minutes!!! He was so proud to say that he shattered his record. It was a day to celebrate and give thanks. Go Jude! xoxo
(And just a good reminder that if there's something you struggle with in life, keep at it daily. It will pay off.)
I spent Sat evening and Sunday in Portland. I got to soak up some much needed time with my dear friend Mauria, and our friend Jessica, and we celebrated Mauria's baby girl that's due in a couple months. It was fun to see familiar faces I hadn't seen in a long while.
The kids have been taking piano lessons for a couple of months now and we're all loving it! The gal we take lessons from is such a great teacher, and Ben loves that she has a "Lego room" where he can play while the kids are taking lessons. ;) This might be silly, but one of our favorite bonus things about lessons with her is our drive there and back. She's only a few minutes from our house, but we take the scenic route each time because it's so pretty.
I love finding Ben's drawings lying around the house. I'm not sure who this is exactly or what's going on, but I love his heart. :)
We recently spent a weekend with some good friends of ours in their new home that they are going to be extensively remodeling. They have great vision. We can't wait to see the end result!
These kids love playing together!
And so do we adults!
We got to celebrate my brother Matt's birthday last weekend and Mom and Wayne served the yummiest dinner and dessert! I sure love this bunch!! Happy Birthday Matt! You stud. ;)
After watching all 3 Back to the Future movie's last month, Jude went through a phase of wearing this vest every day. I liked having my own little Marty McFly.
I snapped some random blurry pics of school recently, since it's the little things about life that I just love so much.
This week at Classical Conversations each class used mini magnifying glasses to look at crawfish up close. Ben didn't enjoy the activity. ;) But Jude & Selah did.
Presentations this week were about showing how to do something. A girl in Selah's class baked gluten free muffins for the girls to enjoy.
Jude and Ben with friends at lunch, looking at Lego instructions.
Here's Ben's class below doing a science experiment about acid & calcium...
"When you submerge an egg in vinegar, the shell dissolves. Vinegar contains acetic acid, which breaks apart the solid calcium carbonate crystals that make up the eggshell into their calcium and carbonate parts." Just in case you were wondering. ;) Happy Tuesday!














No comments:
Post a Comment