One of our days in Bandon we spent at the West Coast Game Park. Our kids love animals, and they love, love the tv show Wild Kratts. ;) We knew the animal park had ringtail lemurs, bison, foxes and other animals they'd love to see up close, so it was a high priority on their mini-vacation list.
They loved it and Selah especially didn't want to leave even after a many hours spent there.
We pet a baby bear... (the kids look a little unsure)
...and a lynx cat...
...a fox...
...and many, many other animals.
Jude loved the peacocks and peahens. His goal was to get close enough to pet one. None would ever come close enough, but he definitely tried to lure them with food. I loved watching him calmly talk to them. <3 Do you see the baby peacock hiding behind it's mama?
The peacocks roamed the park freely, but would jump in and out of fenced areas.
Feeding kangaroos...
We enjoyed another day at our favorite beach spot...
...but it was much windier! ha!
But that didn't stop us crazies!
We thankfully found a cozy cove of a spot with much less wind, complete with a driftwood fort house that the kids loved playing in and we had a picnic lunch there. It was great.
Sweet boy.
Then as it warmed up we were ready for the water. The kids could've played in it until dinner time.
I love how Ben wore his coat with his swim trunks!
I'm so thankful for the time away we had at the beach as a family. We made some great memories there and it was a nice way to wrap up our summer before school starts back up. xo
























2 comments:
sure a beautiful beach ! ( I see the horses in the last one, awesome )
So before I started reading this post I had the Wild Kratts theme song in my head from when Oakley watched the show earlier today. I chuckled to myself when I read your post. My kids loove that show too.
I've never realized before how much Ben reminds me of Caleb. Do you see it or is it just me? 😊
Post a Comment