Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Ninjas and Other Things

We love when Isaac, Evan and Sheri come to visit. It's always a day full of conversation, kids playing, and lots of food. And it's always extra fun when Josh gets home from work because we three adults have all known each other since high school, so it's just a fun dynamic. Last week when they were here the kids turned off all the lights in the house, dressed in black and played stealth Ninjas!

We parents safely hung out in the light of our cell phones... ;)
Josh was ready for anything that came his way...
Fierce!
After awhile I had to light some candles to have a bit more light where we were hanging out... and then the piano sucked me in. I attempted to play some old songs like Lane's Theme from memory, which was fun.
The garden's been full of great things again! I haven't felt quite as connected to it this year just due to being busy, but I sure do love it and am always so in awe of it's beauty. God's design is beautiful.
Speaking of harvests, Gina, Eric, Janet and I spent a day canning pears together, and not only did we leave with the most delicious melt-in-your-mouth pear goodness, but we had great conversations and I loved the time together.
Selah and Jude had a great time at Adventure Camp with their school friends! It's a day camp our church puts on and they loved it. Jude had a bit of a rough time at drop off the second day, but they buddied him up with a camp counselor for the next two days and he did great! So thankful for that.
Selah and Elena are two peas in a pod! These girls sure love each other.
Ben and I enjoyed some time with friends while the kids were at camp.
And we got to have a park picnic with Elena's family after camp one day.
And enjoyed celebrating Elena's birthday last month with some tea.
A family from our school community recently moved to Texas, and we got to enjoy one last park play date with them before they went. It was bittersweet & they are missed already!
Corvallis had the pianos out around town again this summer. We played a little after getting frozen yogurt one night.
I thought I'd end with a couple snap shots of the kids art that I just happen to have snapped recently with my phone.
Here's Ben's drawing of him with a friend:
Selah's drawing of our family:
...and one of our chickens. :)
And Jude drew me a picture recently!
I can't believe school starts next week. I've sure loved this summer season!!

3 comments:

Chelsi Ritter said...

Hahahaha! Loved that photo of Josh; I seriously laughed out loud. And I could so imagine Sheri saying something hilarious as she made that look in the dark. Selah has such an amazing smile, and I love that picture Jude drew for you!! Love your posts Bethany.

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Well OF COURSE I said something hilarious, that's just a given... ;)

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

When I first saw that a "Princess Sparkle Pants" commented on my blog I thought, "Oh dear, a crazy has found my blog and is spamming me..." but then then a half second later I thought, "Oh wait, I bet it's Sheri!" :) Haha!!