Tuesday, September 23, 2014

School, Pumpkins, Acorns & Fog...

We are looking like all things fall around here with our garden producing so many pumpkins! It's been really fun to watch them grow, and a treat to decorate with them. I usually am not ready to accept or embrace fall until closer to Halloween because I love summer so much and I tend to grieve the loss of the heat and daylight, but these pumpkins everywhere have sure made fall feel here! And Selah has really fallen in love with autumn this year! She said repeatedly today how much she loved the smell of the air, the fog and the misty drizzle. She kept saying that it felt like Halloween and Christmas and that fall was her second favorite season (summer being her first). :)

Because we were flying out the door on our first day back to school last week (Classical Conversations) I didn't get an official first day of 1st & 2nd grade photo for these two, so we took one after school this week. :)
Selah was collecting acorn caps near the orchard to be able to make a fall craft with them. She let me take some photos of her in the orchard too. (Jude was done with pictures after the first ones. ;)
Selah's acorn crafts. So cute.
Ben collected leaves to have me trace & cut, and then he turned them into happy leaves. :) Loved that.
Laboring away...
I loved the fog so much today that I had to go back outside to capture a little of it in the early evening. It was so dreamy around here.
As I type this, the window next to me is open and I'm hearing the gentle fall of rain on the roof. I'm hoping for a few more weeks of warm weather & sun, but I have to say everything about this right now is bliss.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love everything about this post. Beautiful photos. Selah is so photogenic!