Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Super Boy!

It was an exciting day in our house! Mr. Benjamin decided to use the potty!!

Now first let me tell you that I ask this boy every day if he's going to use the potty. And I say it with excitement like this, "Benjamin, are you going to be a big boy and use the potty today?!!" And he always says with a big smile, "NO!!" And he means it. He just doesn't want to.

Well, due to the timing of moving and things, Ben is still in a crib because we figured it wasn't something we wanted to do right before we moved and it might make the transition to the new house easier on him if his bed were still his secure place. So he's still in a crib. But since moving to this house he has asked a couple times to sleep in a big kid bed like Jude and Selah have. So Josh has told him many times right before bed that as soon as he uses the potty he can have a big boy bed. So part of me wonders if that was the motivation behind using it today.

So anyway, today as I was getting him dressed I asked him if he'd like to wear big boy underpants instead of a diaper and he said, "no.... YES!" I was thrilled at this surprise response! He put them on proudly and went downstairs to show Josh (who was working from home). Josh cheered and Ben was so proud.
I was talking to Ben in these photos asking him to show me his big boy underpants.
He had an accident about 10 mins later, so then we started sitting on the potty every so often and he went on the potty the rest of the day! I was soooo proud of him! He earned a sucker and went outside to show Daddy & Grandpa Mike (Josh's dad) who were stacking some firewood in Grandpa's truck this evening.
Excited big boy! Diaper free. :)
(Jude, Selah & Ben helped stack firewood in Grandpa's truck too. I was so proud of their hard work.)
Then Daddy read to him before bed... and Benj got to put on a Pull-Up! We told him that if he keeps using the potty he will get a big boy bed. He can be a stubborn little guy sometimes, so I'm hoping that tomorrow he wants to continue on with the potty training. :) I'm so proud of this boy and so in love with his sweet spirit. xoxo

2 comments:

Janet said...

Precious boy, patient parents! I'm also super impressed with the toy-free expanses of carpeting in the photos - you have worked so hard to get that huge house organized! Well done to all of you.
(That last b/w photo of Josh and Ben reading together made me cry. Precious times.)

TRiv said...

He brings a smile to my face every time I see his pictures...he's such a cheezer!! ;-) YAAAYY for Benjamin for using the potty...and what a great incentive to get him to go! Landen is still perfectly happy in a diaper ;-) he started in a big boy bed about a month ago, but then got scared when we had a big storm so now's he afraid to sleep in it, so we turned it kinda back into his crib (just moved the rail down a little) maybe he wasn't quite ready yet?? oh well...baby steps right?? good luck!!