Thursday, September 6, 2012

Nestalgia

Today I seriously traveled back in time for a second! In this world of instant downloads, youtube & Netflix {even on our iphones}, I hadn't been inside a Blockbuster video in ages. So many of them have closed down, but there is still one open near our house.

Each day on the way to school the kids and I drive by some llamas, and I was telling them about the movie Emperors New Groove, and they wanted to see it. So today after school I thought it would be fun to stop and rent it! When we opened the doors and walked into that Blockbuster I seriously felt like I traveled back in time for a minute, and I was instantly 12 years old again, walking the outer wall of the store with my parents and brothers, looking for a new movie to rent. Oh, the sweet smell of memories!! I loved those days!! The smell of popcorn, the often warm summer air in the parking lot, being with family, making a simple night at home extra fun... oh sweet memories. I'm glad there's still a Blockbuster nearby. I may just have to go there anytime I'm homesick. ;)  {WinCo has the same magical effect on me!}

1 comment:

Kelly Hess said...

Love your new blog header! Was wondering, did you decide not to homeschool this year? We are still so undecided as to what will be best for our family, so I'm just curious!