We arrived Wednesday at dinnertime and got settled into the house, ate dinner and made our way down to the beach. It was really windy that night and you could see the sand blowing along the ground. Marisa went for a run on the beach the next morning and discovered that it was calm and warm in the mornings, so she came up with the perfect plan to hit the beach right after breakfast each morning, and it worked out wonderfully! We got our fill of sand and sun the next two mornings, building sand castles, flying kites and chasing babies. And I don't remember the last time I saw blue skies and warm sunshine FOUR days in a row at the coast! I luuuuuvvvvved it!!! What a treat!




















I really noticed Selah on this trip, and the way she looked up to Syndey. It was very sweet!
We went to the Hatfield Marine Science Center one morning and saw the cute octopus, and other sea life.
Josh and I call Selah's sunglasses her Elton John look. :)




The "Finding Nemo" fish tank!



Then back to the house for lunch and naps. The kids played so well together and found lots of time for crafts, reading, toys, and movies.






One afternoon we walked the Old Newport Bayfront and saw a charter boat unloading their catch of halibut, we saw a sea lion begging for halibut scraps, bought some treats at a candy store, and enjoyed the sun and walk before dinnertime.
I didn't remember to pull out my camera once kids were in bed, so I think I only have one iphone pic of us playing games one night. Our adult evenings were filled with tea & and crashing on the couch ;), cookies & lemon bars, The Godfather (Josh & I had never seen it! Thank you Colemans for changing our lives forever), games, laughter, and good conversation.
And a few iphone pics:

Thank you Colemans, for the memories! We are beyond blessed by your sweet friendship!
xo
3 comments:
Fun, fun, fun Bethany! What awesome beach weather too!! I'm impressed that you remember to get a picture of ALL of you & a good one too. Great memories :)
Thank you again and again, Bethany & Josh. We literally could not have had a better time...a trip we'll talk fondly about for always. Great beauty in the chaos. ;)
bethany you've got to stop posting so much about the beach! i've been wanting to take the kids out there for the last couple years, but it just hasn't worked out. i love that first photo in this post; how benjamin is grabbing selah's hair. so classic!
Post a Comment