Sunday, January 5, 2020

End of Fall

Ben is a very musical boy, we've discovered this year. He can't help but be playing something every single day, many times throughout the day. It seems that music is in him and it's been fun to watch his passion grow. I hope it continues throughout his life because I see a lot of natural talent in him. On this day he was playing with Old Papa, who also loves music, and he played a bit for Ben, too.
Selah enjoyed a shopping/sleepover for her friend's birthday...
I went shopping with my friend Val, while the girls walked the mall and I regretted not buying these shoes. I often have the opposite of buyers remorse... I always wish I had bought something I love. (I'm frugal to a fault at times!)
We went walking with friends to one of our favorite areas...
Handsome Jude on a different day in the same area. :)
Look at these serious scientists. ;) We had a Mel Science subscription and the kids liked working through a bunch of kits at once. (I'm a little jealous of Selah's awesome hair!) :)
The kids also had science experiments due to school. Selah built a few different styles of bridges to see which one could withstand the most weight while set on/between two chairs. Amazingly the truss bridge held Ben's entire body weight! It held Selah too, for a short while, before it cracked.
Our school gives us a membership to several museums and it's great to use them during the colder months.
We went to Portland to see good friends and had the most delicious dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant. We love the Colemans and any bit of time we get to spend with them. We love how we have such similar outlooks on life.
And I got to snap some pics of their family, something I hardly ever do these days, but always love!
While there we also saw the Exquisite Creatures exhibit at OMSI and it was impressive!! Josh stayed longer with the kids while I took pics, but man, it was fun to see! It made me want to look more closely at each and everything thing God designed. So much beauty!
Pumpkin carving!
The kids carved some mini pumpkins we grew, too.
Mr. Fluffers! He hadn't come to visit for a couple months because he had been living indoors, so he was a welcomed sight!
For Halloween the kids took control of their own costumes and I loved what they came up with! :)
Ben was a business man (along with his buddy Elliott, complete with vintage briefcases from Janet's father). Selah was our neighbor's cat, Mr. Fluffbottom. And Jude was a youtuber named Unspeakable.
We trick-or-treated downtown with the Ortons, a tradition I love!
I think I love it so much because it reminds me of my childhood. And this spot right here is extra special because my Grandparent's started The Inkwell store long ago and I've always been so proud of my family and our heritage and, and this sweet town I love so much. Getting to enjoy it with the Ortons just makes it all the more special, too, because they are such precious friends.
Isaac, Evan and Sheri came to visit that afternoon and we trick or treated a couple neighborhoods that night with Matt, Gina, Nora, Mom, Caleb (Bob Ross), Paul, Stephanie and kids.
I loved our group and the fun we all had together! The kids at one point sang the "It's Raining Tacos" song as we were walking, and the people passing by recognized it too. :)
Candy trading at the end of the night. It's serious business. ;)
The kids and I spent a day in the garden with the chickens. I really love this spot on our property, where the mountain (hill?) sits above our orchard trees.
And we pulled a few things out to add to dinner.
We said goodbye to our rooster and sent him on to a new home.
I love growing herbs! Just add them to some butter and garlic... and ahhh, breathe in the bliss!
We've been reading a book about Lewis and Clark and we talked about Sacajawea and her baby boy and Ben wanted to be bundled just like him. :)
Two peas in a pod at our friends' house...
We spent a day in the backyard raking leaves and built a fire, enjoyed some banana bread and... Christmas music. ;)
I feel like all of these kids have had growth spurts since I snapped this pic in the fall! They all love music and I wouldn't be surprised if one day they all helped with church worship. :)
We had dinner at a friends' house, and look at this gorgeous pie!
The view from my mom's backyard. So pretty!
My love.
Ben flying for a flag! :)
Walking to the Farmer's Market with cousins... life is sweet!

1 comment:

thecorneliusclan said...

SO much Fall fun! Loved reading your post, as always! ♥