And the day of Selah's birthday we all helped out at our church's annual Easter Egg Hunt. She got to see her church friends, and grandparents who gave her a gift, and then we went out for lunch at New Morning bakery with cousins Orion and Hans and Uncle Caleb. Then our Fegles Five family headed home to open presents and then to Eugene to do an Escape Room and we had SO MUCH FUN!!
We beat the escape room with 2 1/2 minutes to spare and we only used one clue. The owner said that he was impressed because most people need three clues and still sometimes don't beat it. He also said that we were a very vocal bunch (we talk a lot, and apparently we're loud.) Haha! Selah said her favorite part was when we discovered the bookcase was a secret door that led to a train car room.
Days before Selah's birthday we got to meet up for lunch with Granddad Kevin and the other Uncle Caleb. Granddad gave Selah a perfectly wrapped box (one of my dad's many talents) and she knew what was hiding inside (two dollar bills, eleven of them.) He treated us all to frozen yogurt after lunch. Thank you Granddad!
And the day after her birthday she got to open a couple gifts with Grandma Jill, Papa Wayne, Granny & Old Papa.
Selah requested waffles with blueberries and whipping cream for her birthday breakfast. With two candles representing 11. :)
I love her personality!
Selah, how do you feel about turning 11? I think she's got this.
Poor Ben was sick that day. :( See him cuddled on the couch? He ended up getting a terrible fever, but it finally broke that evening and he still joined in on all the fun. Ben bought Selah this silkie chicken stuffed animal. He was pretty excited about giving it to her.
We gave her a new book that came out... that she read in a day.
Her big gift was money, to add to her other money, since she wasn't quite sure what she wanted this year.
She requested an ice cream cake this year, which we were all happy to share with her! :)
When I look at this beautiful girl, I see a heart of gold, kindness, gentleness, goofiness, and joy. She is such a gift and she amazes me on a regular basis. I love her maturity, her helpful spirit, and her fun personality. She is content and sweet and I don't think I could possibly love her more. But I will. I'm so thankful I get to be her mom.
We love you more than we can express Selah!! May God continue to bless your life.
Happy 11th Birthday, beautiful girl. xoxo
Jude approved of Selah's ice cream cake.
Birthday Lunch at New Morning Bakery...





















No comments:
Post a Comment