What joy Christ brings to my life. I've been thinking about this so much lately. My life is FULL of good things. But I'm not talking about all of the external things (of which I'm so thankful). I'm talking about what's at the core of my life, my heart and soul, and it is full of peace! God has filled my heart with joy, with love, with patience, with thanksgiving, and deep contentment. He has set me free from striving for perfection, because I can never be perfect. But He is! And God sees me as perfect because of what Jesus has done for me. What a huge gift that is - it takes the burdens of life off of my shoulders and sets me free to rejoice in ALL He has done for me! I love Him so much! He's the reason for the deep joy in my life. He loves YOU!! Be set free in Him!
We got to help out with our church's community Easter Egg hunt the Saturday before Easter. It's such a fun event, and we especially love serving alongside the amazing people in our church. They have become dear, dear friends that we love and adore.
And it's extra special that Matt, Gina and Nora are a part of it all too!
Josh & Matt helped to hide eggs in the grass and Gina and I helped with face painting. About 300 people attended again this year. We sure cherish the Corvallis community.
Grandpa Mike & Grandma Chris came and got to watch the kids hunt for eggs, and we loved having Josh's brother Caleb and cousins Orion & Hans there too.
Easter morning, Mom joined us at church. Matt and I performed a special song at the end of service which was really special to get to do together. Matt played the piano and I sang.
After church we gathered at Mom & Wayne's for a big lunch and games.
We loved sitting in the sun in Granny & Old Papa's backyard (which is right next to Mom & Wayne's backyard.)
The view out there is amazing.
They have a lot of pretty birds that visit along the fence there.
I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend!! xo















No comments:
Post a Comment