But I've mainly been right here this winter, consuming too many good books, with my feet near the warm fire.
Jude has been growing and looks so much older to me these days. He likes to measure himself next to me pretty regularly. He comes up to my eyebrows, but his feet are officially the same size as mine, almost beyond.
Two boys working on their math...
Selah had her good friend over for a sleep over.
They had been face-timing all week long, making a list of all that they were going to accomplish for their sleepover and they checked everything off their list! Nails were painted, cookies were baked, music was sung to, faces were pampered, etc...
Josh surprised me with some tulips, and I loved them. They were pretty, even as they were fading.
Selah started taking hip-hop dance classes and she's fallen in love with it! I'm so happy about that! I've seen a part of her come to life, and I love that!
The timing worked out great with Ben's guitar schedule, where we can leave one kid's lesson and head to the other's.
And Jude gets one-on-one time with Josh during that time, which is special.
We took a little walk to get the mail, while it sprinkled.
And found Mr. Fluffbottoms at our feet, and then in our arms.
Ben has really been into Indiana Jones lately. ;) He wanted an Indiana Jones bag, hat and whip. He used some of his money to order a hat, but amazon accidentally sent him a knight costume instead, so he's still waiting on that hat. In the meantime, we sewed a bag and made a whip.
Selah made one too, just for fun.
See that little yo-yo by Jude? Someone gave that to him for Christmas, along with a book of yo-yo tricks and he went through a phase where that yo-yo was something he worked on each day, until he figured it out. It was fun to see him "walking it along" in the house, as he rolled it up.
Grandma Chris bought Selah a sewing machine for Christmas and has been giving Selah weekly lessons. She really loves the time spent with Grandma!
Gina and I have a little tradition of taking the kids to the beach in Jan or Feb when we see a sunny day on the forecast. It's a fun, easy drive, and we're always amazed by how quickly the time passes. The kids played in the sand for three hours and it felt like we were there for hardly any time at all.
The kids made sand furniture.
And I'm pretty sure I spotted Indiana Jones there once or twice...
Gina and I played with the pretty lighting.
I'm so thankful for my sister-in-law. She's sweet and kind, and so much fun to go on these little adventures with. I love getting to chat about life on the car rides.
As the sun began to set, we decided it was time to head home.
But first, we had to fulfill our Fegles Five Beach heart tradition.
We always like it best when Josh is in these photos with us, but Thank You Josh & Matt for working so hard for your families! Your wife and children are blessed because of you.
Look at how beautiful the sunset was as we walked back to the car!
2019 is off to a lovely start.


































1 comment:
Seeing this post, and our beach photos were just what I needed today! Sure love you and our adventures! May they happen forever! ♥
Post a Comment