We planned our Cornelius Family Reunion for August in Sunriver and family from three other states (other than Oregon) all made their way to meet up in SR. We rented three houses on one street and had a great time being together. My Uncle Tim's side of the family is on the left in this photo, and my dad's side of the family is on the right side in this photo. We cousins all grew up together, with our houses about half a mile apart, on 80 acres, that we spent a lot of time exploring in both the winter and summer months. It was a sweet childhood with family next door!
Even though I have a bunch of pics to share here, I feel like I barely snapped an iphone pic here or there, or remembered to pull out my big camera. I'm thankful I have this many pics, because it felt like I was having so much fun that I didn't do the best job of capturing our time together.
I didn't bother to put all of these in perfect order. I just threw them together, to show what a sweet time it was. Some of my favorite times were sitting around the patio table with my siblings, talking in the morning after breakfast or at night, with our snacks. :) And I loved chatting with my cousins every chance I could get, to catch up. I loved getting to know their wonderful spouses even better and their kids too. I wish we could all have more time together more often. I'm already looking forward to the next gathering.
These girl cousins got to have a sleep over one night in Grandma and Granddad's house. They loved it!
Fun shopping.
We only got to spend a short amount of time at the pools this visit. The thunder and lightening wouldn't stop in the evenings, plus there were wayyyy more people there this year than any other time we've been there.
We rotated which house we had dinner at. Each house had a crockpot, so we'd have dinner cooking all day long and then bring it to one house to all eat together.
Our first night together we watched a funny music video that Matt made, of the video clips we had emailed to Matt of ourselves lip-syncing to the song, Don't Worry Be Happy. I wish I had the video to share here, it's really cute. :) And we played a Jeopardy family trivia game that was fun that I got to put together. Another night we played reverse charades, which is always fun in a group.
The kids liked biking around the cul-de-sac loop in the morning time. One of my favorite evenings we biked in the dark as a large group! I LOVED it and wished it hadn't gotten dark so fast. That was quite possibly my favorite memory made on that trip. It was so fun.
The kids loved drawing with Aunt Jen. She's a great artist!
I loved time with this handsome guy. My best friend! xo
And I loved spending so much time with my sibs!
One of my favorite things we did was visit these beautiful waterfalls and hike the Big Obsidian Flow Trail. And I have to just give a shout out to my beautiful cousin Sasha and her husband James. Look at them, attending a family reunion states away from home, with their two young boys a newborn baby boy! Sasha is a veteran mom for sure; nothing slowed her down. And she's so calm and graceful, always!
On that little hike Oakley caught a butterfly, which then flew off quite a ways and landed on Ian's beard!
Ian said that the butterfly needed to be a bit bigger and needed a bazooka. ;)
The kids loved seeing all of the obsidian!
We were so sad that Chelsi got sick and couldn't join us that day. She was so missed. :( Her husband Eric did a great job leading our whole group.
The kids did awesome!
Look at that hunky guy in the bottom left hand corner of this patched together panorama. I didn't have my cell phone, so I made one out of pics, old-school.
Fun in the Village rock shop.
Josh, and a bunch of cute little helpers one night. :)
I'm so thankful we got that time together! We were sad to miss Demri and her husband and new baby, and can't wait to see them at the next gathering. I sure love my family and am beyond thankful for each one of them. xoxo






























































1 comment:
Loved reliving this trip through your blog post! Thanks so much for helping coordinate such a fun family trip. Love you!! ♥
Post a Comment