Monday, May 8, 2017

Jude's 11th & Selah's 9th Birthday

We had a great time celebrating Jude and Selah's birthdays this year! I always love their birthday month, but April is a bit of a wild month in the Fegles household. On top of our normal school work, swim lessons, Awana nights, church functions, dishes and laundry, it's also the end of our CC school program, also typically when we all get whatever sickness is going around ;), it's a handful of extended family birthdays, as well as Jude and Selah's birthdays, and sometimes Easter, too! And it's the month the kids do their state testing for their charter school. But thankfully the months prior are the slow winter months, so it all balances out. :)

I love our family tradition of celebrating birthdays on the day, at home, with cake and our gifts for the kids. It's sweet, and intimate, and always the moments I treasure most.
That morning we gave Jude one gift before heading out the door for his birthday activities. Because we were going to be in the car for 45 mins, we gave Jude two Garfield books he'd never read before. He loved them!
Jude loves tradition and routine! He didn't want to change anything about his birthday, and do it exactly like he does every year, which I think is so fun. But this year I noticed that even though chuck-e-cheese is his favorite tradition, it didn't really hold his attention like when he was much younger and I encouraged him to be open to new ideas next year. I told him we could find something that he might find much more exciting, like laser tag. We'll see! 
I love that we have this photo to put with the others from years past. 
It was a great day and I always LOVE the time I get to spend with Jude on his birthday!! What a gift that is!
We headed back home for his gifts and cake.
Jude, you are a treasure!! I love the young man you are becoming and I love spending time with you! Happy Birthday, handsome!! xoxo
Then it was Selah's turn to celebrate her birthday with our family party at home!
We surprised our little animal lover with a bunny!
He's been a fun addition to our family. He's a dwarf Netherland, so he'll never get very big.
Granddad Kevin and Grandma Janet came by to give Selah her traditional cold hard birthday cash. The kids always look forward to that!
That evening we had ice cream cake and celebrated our girl.
Selah originally wanted a big birthday party with lots of kids from school, and then as we got closer to finalizing plans she requested to just have her closest buddies over. She had a great time! The kids played, and they did a minecraft scavenger hunt, that led them to a pinata hanging in the barn.
Ann & Sheri are such fun friends.
Selah & Elena are two peas in a pod. What a gift their friendship has been.
One night the sunlight was so lovely draped across the orchard. I asked Selah if I could snap a few photos of her.
Happy birthday, Selah girl!! What a joy you are! We love the fun, sweet, full of life girl you are! xoxo

No comments: