It was a sweet moment riding by Grandma Gayle's neighborhood. She is loved and missed.
We played Frisbee at the park and attempted cartwheels in the grass. :)
It felt a little like summer, which made me so happy!
And then we grabbed Thai food and took it over to Dad and Janet's to enjoy their company.
I have a bunch of pics on my phone that are memories I don't want to forget, like this one:
We went over to Grandma Chris and Grandpa Mike's house to celebrate Great Grandma Fegles birthday. She told us she rarely gets to celebrate her birthday on her ACTUAL birthday, so I made her a special book of photos, and made sure to take her gift on her birthday and make it a special time, and then I mistakenly mixed up the dates and we were there the day BEFORE her birthday. Ha, ha!
Oh well!
(Those are the two words that Josh and I learned from a wise friend to say when we've made a mistake and can't do anything else but laugh. There's no reason to beat yourself up or feel bad. Just laugh and enjoy saying, "Oh well!") :)
We got to celebrate Grandpa Mike's birthday also!
Josh and I are hosting a small group with other church families, at our friends' house. It's just for the spring. We eat dinner together and have a great conversation about what we learned in church that week, while the kids run around and play. Matt and Gina are a part of our group too, which is so much fun!
Matt and Gina had us over for dinner the other night. We love spending time with them. Nora did some stretches with me. :)
The library had a May 4th Star Wars night and Ben saw the flyer for it and asked repeatedly if we could go. I didn't pay much attention to it, but Ben had read that there was going to be a costume contest and prizes, and because Ben had spent his money on this robe, that he calls his Jedi robe, the week before, he was pretty excited to debut it at the library Star Wars night! :) Josh got home about the time it was starting and we could see Ben's enthusiasm; he was dressed and ready to go, with the flyer on hand. We knew we couldn't miss it! This kid was pumped and we loved his passion. :) So we hopped in the car and went, and we had a great time! The kids did a craft, and saw the costumes, and we even won a book in the raffle drawing! :)
Earlier that day, after doctor appts, the kids asked if we could stop at the park on the way home. That sounded like fun, and look at how cool the sky was!
The kids have been doing their state testing for the end of the school year. It's always a long process, but they did great! And I got lots of one-on-one time with Ben, which is such a treat!
I think he's such a handsome boy.
Swim lessons have continued to be awesome! I just love our pool and the teachers there! They do such a good job with our kids. I like how hard they work to get kids to the next level.
One day Selah was practicing swimming on her back and as she approached the wall she put her arm out like she's suppose to and I gave her a thumbs up, being the easily impressed parent that I am, ;) and then her teacher said, "What was that? You had a bent arm. It should've been straighter, like this...." And it made me smile because I'd just been praising her with my thumbs up, and then her teacher called her out on the sloppy form, haha! Oops. Selah responds so well to instruction and I'm thankful for great instructors!!
One day last week the weather reached a whopping 60 degrees. Out came the pool! ;)
I sat behind a girl at church who had her hair in this hair style. I thought it was so cute & I asked Selah if she'd let me try it on her hair. I love it!
Our friends Ann and Michael recently got home from a trip, and as they were driving through Portland they saw Josh's picture on the side of a city bus. They texted this photo and said, "Josh is still making the rounds around Portland. Hi Josh!!"
I showed the pic to the kids and they were so confused. Selah said, "Why is dad on a bus?" I guess we never told them about the time that PCC ran an ad with Josh's face after he took the 13 week class on how to start a food company. We think it's pretty funny. :)
Speaking of the Hiltons, it's hard knowing that they are moving this week! The night this pic was taken I cried because it was our last CC night of the year, and I knew that our days with them were coming to an end. Seasons were changing.
This pic wraps up the joy we've had spending so much time with their family, and I'm so thankful to have a solid friend like Ann to bounce life off of. She's an incredible mom, and one that I look up to. I'm so thankful for the easy ways to keep in touch, because I hope to always glean bits of wisdom from her. Their family is a treasure. I love this bunch!
CC program. (Ann and I are on the far right with some of our kids.)
Mom and Grandma have been working on the addition that is going to be built onto mom's house, for my grandparent's elderly years. It's cute to see the interior designer in Grandma still at work.
I was late editing Easter pics. What a fun day that was to have lunch all together, and Dad and Janet set up a great Easter Egg hunt for the kids, and then we enjoyed one another's company through to dinner. I love our family.

































No comments:
Post a Comment