Our schedules all aligned a little differently this trip, so I flew in two days before Amber and flew out one day before her, but it still was so much fun the way it all worked out. We each got a little one-on-one time with Jamie and group time and it was a blast. Because Jamie and I have shot weddings together for years we always feel like we just pick right up where we left off in our last conversation. We pretty much talked non-stop from sun up to sun down each day. :) Then when Amber arrived I got to share the guest room with her and catch up on her life, and I loved hearing all about the new things going on with her. She always inspires me so much. Time with these dear friends was so good for my soul! (All of us have a photography business, a child with special needs that we've home schooled, wonderful supportive spouses, and a love for Jesus. Kindred spirits for sure.)
Jamie's home was our hub. I'd wake up to sunshine spilling in from the windows, and when we'd get home from a long day of desert exploring the cold tile of her home would feel so nice under my tired feet, and her cozy sofa would just suck me in. We girls loved gathering in her living room, watching movies at the end of our long, fun days, and then stay up talking late into the night. Her home is so inviting, I had to snap a bunch of pics of it!! She also is the best hostess. She has this theory that she shouldn't need to do anything for you, so she gave me the full run down on where everything was the first night and I was on my own after that, which I loved because it made me feel right at home.
I forgot to take a pic of the guest room I stayed in, so here is a pic Jamie took:
The night I arrived and hung my things in the closet, the most amazing this was discovered! As I opened Jamie's closet, there sat this quilt, folded up as extra bedding. My eyes got big and I asked her who made it. She said her great grandma did. Well, I have a quilt that is nearly identical that my great grandma made, even the fabrics are oddly similar. So I asked her where her great grandma had lived and she said, "Lincoln, Nebraska." My eyes got bigger because so did mine! Then we both discovered that our grandmas had won the beauty pageant there around the same era. We couldn't believe the similarities in our grandmas and great grandmas' lives. Then Jamie's family all ended up in Oregon like mine did, and just 45 mins apart. But now Jamie has moved on to Nevada, of course.
Our first day out and about we went off exploring a place called Red Rock, where we wanted to scout out a few locations for a photo shoot we were going to be doing there the following day.
The drive out was beautiful! The terrain brought different verses to mind...
Psalm 63:1 - O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly;My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
This is us looking a bit ridiculous, but testing a few spots/light. :)
And here are a few of the shots I took of that gal the next day...
From there we went straight over to the Valley of Fire. The stone houses were one of my very favorite places we visited... I'll have to share those pics in my next post. :)




























No comments:
Post a Comment