We all loved tubbing, but I think Jude won the prize for the best faces while riding!
Speaking of great faces... Ben loved that wind...
Grandma Chris looked so pretty with the wind blowing her hair...
So thankful for these two and all they did to put the day together! Especially Grandpa Mike for arriving early to put in his boat, get all the gear set and have the best table ready for us. Thank you for making the day so easy and enjoyable.
The company that Josh works for hosts fun events for employees and their families about once a month. I love that they do that because I've gotten to know a handful of the families of Josh's co-workers. We don't attend everything, but we've made it to a movie night and and we took the kids to an arcade night. Last month we attended a picnic they put on and we had a great time! They rented a park and provided dinner, water balloon games, sand volleyball, dessert, and a fun raffle with prizes for kids and adults. Selah won some Frozen craft things and Josh and I won a tv sound system!I didn't really take any pictures, but a guy named Curt always takes pics of the events, so thank you Curt for these photos! :)
The kids loved these extra big water balloons.
Selah winning her frozen crafts during the raffle...
Even though it was a hot day the kids loved playing on the playground there.
Selah and I with our prizes. ;)
So the most amazing thing that happened that night was just getting another little glimpse into Jude's awesome mind. Each kid was given 5 raffle tickets to enter to win prizes. They put them into the cups of which prizes they wanted to win and then we went through the food line to get our dinner. Then we ate, then the kids ran off to play with water balloons for an hour. Then finally they told us it was time for the raffle and Josh pulled out each of the kid's tickets that have their matching numbers on them so they could look at them if their number is called. Well Jude let us know that he already knew his numbers. We looked at him confused, like "huh?" Then he rattled off all 5 of his 6-digit raffle ticket numbers. He didn't need to look at them. We were shocked! When did he have time to study the numbers or memorize them??? They were only in his hands for the brief amount of time that he was choosing which cup to put them in, and he was spending all of that time looking at the prizes, not the tickets. Days later I asked him if he remembered one of his raffle numbers and without missing a beat he said, "731825". Weeks later I asked him again and yep, he still knew all 5 of them. He makes me smile so big. I love how his mind works! I wish I had a memory like that.
The kids worked hard with Granny (my Grandma) to enter things into the county fair this summer. Jude did 3 baking crafts, Selah did 3 sewing crafts, and Ben did 3 toy crafts. They had a great time and each won ribbons for all of their entries.
Jude making homemade blackberry jam with Granny...
The kids with all of their winning$ after the fair was over... ;)
We had a fun night attending the fair with my mom, watching the rodeo, and she treated the kids to lots of rides & fun fair food! :) Thanks Grandma Jill for a fun night!
I think both of my parents are just the cutest! They seem so timeless.
P.s...in case you're a detailed person and you've noticed that I'm wearing the same outfit in pretty much all of my summer pics, it's totally coincidence!! Haha! But because I only own one pair of shorts (inventory up 100% from several years ago), I apparently throw this on any time it's a really hot day! ;)

























No comments:
Post a Comment