After school Jude was SO excited to go celebrate his birthday! This year instead of a big party with friends the kids decided to each do something fun, independently. Selah is going to have a "pony party" with a Corvallis girlfriend, where they will ride Ruby Jewel and have a sleep over. They will have so much fun! Jude was so cute when he described what he wanted to do: "Mom, I want to go to Chuck E Cheeses with just you. No pizza, no invitations, just you, me and games!" :) I love Jude's sweet nature, and excitement for things, and felt spoiled that he asked me to be his special birthday guest! I didn't realized he even knew Check E Cheese existed, but he definitely knew they have lots of games there with coins and tickets and prizes because that was what he wanted to do! So that's what we did! :)
We went at 3pm on a Friday and because it was pretty dead it wasn't loud or noisy, so Jude didn't even need the ear plugs we brought with us (to block out the noise/sensory overload). That was nice! We bought 100 tokens and played nearly every game there. I had the best time with him! He got about 450 tickets and bought a toy race car with his tickets. As we were buckling up to drive home he said, "This was the best birthday ever!" ;) Then we were welcomed home by Daddy, Selah & Ben who had cupcakes and presents ready and waiting!
I snapped this photo of Jude right before we headed out the door. His top two teeth are coming in!
I thoroughly enjoyed this time with Jude! I still can't believe he's 7. So big!
Back home for presents and cupcakes:
Jude enjoys collecting Cars from the Cars 1 & 2 movies, and because he has all of the main ones, we're getting down to the layer of cars that are harder and harder to find. He often asks me to search Amazon and Ebay for specific cars. Ben gave him a carrying case that can store 30 cars in it. Selah gave him a digital robot dinosaur.
Selah woke up this morning SO excited to get to go to her friend Laila's 5th Birthday party at Oak's Amusement Park. Her girlfriends from school were there and they had the best time together! I can't believe that we've never been to Oak's before now. What on earth? How did that happen? It was a great first experience and Selah had a blast! (I did too!) :) She and her friends played for an hour, then food/gifts/party time, then we played more with friends and then as people began to head home Selah asked to keep riding rides. So she and I rode rides for another hour together. She is a die-hard-rider and has no fear! She will love Six Flags someday! ;) There was this one spinning ride that she asked to ride over and over. We ended up riding it 5 times (because there were no lines). Happy Birthday Laila!
Lastly, two pics of Ben from our time at the park last week. Just like Buddy Bear goes everywhere with Jude, Woody the Cowboy goes everywhere with Ben. :)
Ben clearly has no aversion to sand. ;)








4 comments:
Happy Birthday to your little man.. 7 is BIG time ;-) SO SO fun that he picked you to be his Birthday date... sounds like you have had some really fun one on one time.. love it and continue to wonder how you balance it all and make it look easy?!
Ohhhh, what procedure did Ben have done??? Looks like you girls had way too much fun and you know what , mike & I haven't ever been to oaks park. I remember my mom talking about going there when she was a kid, so it's been there forever!!!
. . . And Judes birthday, looks like he really enjoyed himself :) & nice that it wasn't so noisy for him. Glad he liked his BD msg that I left for him too. Love you guys! chrismom
woah does that park come with the tractors? so awesome and oakley would go nuts!
bethany i can't believe you have a 7 year old. that is so crazy. that photo you took of jude before going to chuck e cheese is amazing; what a great shot of him! oak's must be new; i've never heard of it? sounds like a lot of fun though!
Post a Comment