Thursday, December 13, 2012

Great Streak!

Right now Jude is on a great streak, and I am beyond thankful! He's had 4 great days in a row and it's been a wonderful week at school! He's been looking me in the eye when he talks! Today he sang two full songs to me! He's communicating like he just aged 6 months overnight. Today he told me the name and birthday of a girl in his class (about 3 weeks ago when we were on a really rough streak I asked him the names of the kids in his class and he couldn't name one). He's been affectionate, happy, and easy going.

Yesterday Jude jumped into my arms and gave me the biggest hug and said, "Mom, let's hug for 20,000 minutes." I smiled so big and gave him a bunch of kisses on his cheek while squeezing him tight, and he said, "Uh, Mom, will you stop kissing me?" :)

Today as we were putting the numbers (dates) on our Advent Calendar, I asked Jude whose birthday was on Dec 25th and he said, "Jesus". I beamed and said, "That's right Jude!" And he said, "Yeah, I have my sources." Haha! :) He cracks me up.
A few weeks ago things were really rough (every day seemed to be a tough day) and I had suspected he was getting a gluten reaction from some multi-vitamins we were giving him. So we cut those out and things have been great. But I'm still nervous about the day he'll wake up distant again, because this is just too sweet. I'm soaking it up and loving every minute. I love you Jude and am so thankful God gave you to us and made you such a precious soul!! Man, you make me smile! I adore you!! xoxo

2 comments:

Amber said...

You are the best mom!! So glad that Jude is having great days!!

TRiv said...

Im so glad to read he is doing good! I know it's one of the hardest things to see our children not their usual selves. Your an amazing mom!