Last night Selah was begging to do a craft so we looked on Pinterest for some Christmas ornament ideas. Some little owls jumped out at her, so we printed off the template to make them and set it aside for today.
After school today she was really excited to get to make the owl ornament! I got out the felt, ribbon, scissors, needle & embroidery thread, decorative brads (eyes), and hot glue gun, and cut out our template pieces.
Jude and Selah were both really excited to pick out the felt colors for each part of their owl, the eye color, and the ribbon. Jude's is on the left and Selah's is on the right (oh, and Selah added a little jewel to the belly of hers to make it a princess owl! Do you see it?) I loved watching them carefully lay out all the pieces before we constructed them, and they helped to stuff them as I sewed them up. It was a fun little project that went really quickly, and the kids can't wait to hang them on a tree! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment