They:
collected acorns in buckets, watched gravel being delivered by two big trucks, watched and helped Granddad use his tractor to make a little driveway, threw sticks in the river, went for a little walk along the river's edge, picked grapes, helped Grandma Janet make and can grape juice and applesauce for us, played with toys, read books, and watched a couple movies. It was a great week.
That week I also was able to get some editing done and finish the book on CD I was listening to! I love to read, but have found it challenging to do lately. Josh had the idea to get books on CD from the library and listen while I'm editing or driving. I totally dug it and felt like it was a great way to multi-task. I really enjoy Thomas J. Stanley's blog, so I chose one of his books to read first. If you like Larry Burkett or Dave Ramsey, then you'll like Thomas J. Stanley. The book I just finished was Stop Acting Rich. It has an excellent message! It's a bit repetitive but I didn't mind since I was just listening while working or driving, and it helped to really drive his main points home. I've already looking forward to listening to another one of his books this coming week!
Here are a bunch of photos from my iphone or camera from our past week!
The first morning Jude asked to take photos of me as I was making his french toast.
So then I asked him if I could take a picture of his response to my french toast.
Thanks Jude! :) Next we headed outside to meet up with Selah, Benjamin and Grandma Janet for acorn collecting.
Selah worked hard to fill her whole bucket. I loved her dedication. Can you find her tiny self in this next shot?
Benjamin had a lot of fun dumping the buckets of acorns, and being his silly self! I love his little personality!
My dad is so cute!
The kids soon turned their attention to the fun Granddad was having.
And they were really happy to get to be helpers!
Selah waiting for her turn.
This was funny when Benjamin thought he was pulling the wagon himself. :) You can see Jude laughing.
Then back inside for some play time.
That evening I was kicking myself for not taking my camera out to Janet's mom's house. What a beautiful place!! It looked like a place out of a magazine. I hadn't been there in years, so I didn't remember much about it. Anyway, all the leaves were turning and her trees were loaded with apples, and her vines full of grapes, and the many outbuildings were just so picturesque to me! Plus she has this gorgeous large oak tree in the front yard with a wooden swing hanging from it. Oh my, I could have taken a bunch of pictures there, and these sad little iphone photos just DON'T do it justice whatsoever. But even still, I hardly picked grapes with Janet and the kids because I was too busy snapping what I could. :)
Janet's dad built this barn himself back in the day.
We've been so blessed by this fantastic weather this fall! I hope it hangs on a little longer! :)





























1 comment:
i love this post bethany and all the beautiful photos! i love the one of your dad on his tractor; that's how i remember our dads when growing up: hats and gloves on, working outside. i always thought my dad was handsomest when he had his hat and t-shirt on, and was working in the yard or the garden. in the shot of your dad and selah your dad really looks like grandmother, which brings me to mention that i loved your previous post too. grandmother was such a great example of an intelligent, hardworking, positive, patient and God-loving woman. we sure were lucky to have her!! xoxoxo
Post a Comment